"Something you do for the pleasure of it" - Short Answer

JJH 1 / 1  
MIT short answer:
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)

Despite frequent injuries, I always have a strong passion for the game of basketball. The pleasure from swishing the net is a remedy that dispels all my anxieties and purifies my mind. Even when I couldn't play basketball for months after a series of surgeries, I actively contributed to the online basketball society, where I've been a Hall Of Famer of a popular basketball community and an editor/administrator for HoopsVibe, one of the largest basketball news media. However, I refused to be paid for my job because basketball provides me satisfaction that I cannot find anywhere else in my life.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Good job! Lively and to the point. One suggestion:

...because basketball provides me satisfaction that I cannot find no where else in my life.
Yeah, this is pretty solid already. One suggestion:

"Despite frequent injuries related to the sport , I have always had a strong passion for the game of basketball. "
OP JJH 1 / 1  
Thank you for the feedback. Do you guys think my third sentence is too long?
No. If all of your sentences were that length, the essay would run into problems, but an occasional long sentence is fine.

Home / Undergraduate / "Something you do for the pleasure of it" - Short Answer