SoP for MS in Offshore Technology; National University of Singapore

rotarykrishna 1 / -  
Hi friends,

Pl find attached herewith my draft SoP for M.Sc. Offshore Technology. Pl advise me to improve the possibility of getting the admission as I desired.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Being worked as a Mechanical Engineer in an EPC company I want to extend my knowledge in the field of Oil and gas Industry particularly in Offshore Engineering Design. When I got to know about the exotic material selection and engineering concepts involved in the design of Machinery for Offshore environment that was the moment I was dragged towards the Offshore Engineering. My under-graduation in Mechanical Engineering has given me a substantial knowledge on the basics on Fluid Mechanics, Thermal Engineering and Engineering Materials which are my areas of interest. In addition, I have done my Pre final year project "Non-Conventional Stove- An effort to reuse the waste edible oil as a fuel in pump stoves". The very objective of this working model is to contribute a bit for Going Green by preventing the Pollution caused by the disposal of used edible oil and encourage efficient Sustainable system in waste oil recycling.

Of the many fields in Mechanical Engineering I have developed a keen interest in Machinery Design which can evidently be seen from my work experience as a "Rotating Equipment Engineer" in "Technip India Ltd", an organization worth mentioning in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction. During my tenure in Technip India Ltd I have been part of the technical team that was responsible for Preparation of Material Requisition comprises Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical Bid Evaluation and Supplier drawing and calculation review for Machineries such as pumps, compressors, cranes, agitators, etc., used in Oil & Gas industry and Fertilizer Industry. I have acted as a Job Engineer mainly responsible for Supplier Technical offer review with the particular Technical Specification, Supply requisition and design codes such as American Petroleum Institute (API) Standard, ASME, ISO, IS, etc. according to the type of equipment. Being a Rotating Equipment Engineer I got the opportunity to learn about equipment selection for the specified application, Material selection for the particular service and working environment. I found my profession more attention-grabbing and challenging when I was given an opportunity for the Technical evaluation of an Emergency Power Generator and Sea water lift pump for Offshore platform. Subsequently, working for offshore Engineering made me to know more about offshore design codes such as NORSOK, DNV "Classification of Steel Ships", etc. This has kindled my eagerness to learn more about Offshore Engineering Design.

This urge to obtain profound understanding and specialized knowledge in my areas of interest, has made me opt for Graduate studies in M.Sc. in Offshore Technology. As NUS is known for its practical approach and industry interface, I am confident that M.Sc. in Offshore Technology will serve my hunger for learning. I also believe, courses such as Oil & Gas technology, Offshore pipelines, Subsea system Engineering, Corrosion of Materials will nurture my Knowledge and confidence in the Offshore Engineering Domain. Moreover I was closely associated with oil & gas companies during my tenure in Technip India Ltd, and I believe Singapore is the premier engineering centre for reputed EPC companies associated predominantly in Ship building and Floating production, storage and offloading unit Hub of the world would provide me huge opportunities to carve my career.

After perusing your brochures and consulting my mentors, I reached the conclusion that with its broad curriculum platform, faculty and excellent facilities, National University of Singapore will be the ideal place to work towards the fulfillment of my goal. Moreover, I am confident that I have the potential and preparation to be a graduate at your university and would encourage you to give my application a thoughtful consideration.

(K.Krishnasamy)
helloitsjoi 1 / 2 1  
Too many commas, i would break up alot of sentences into individuals...good thoughts and facts though!

Home / Undergraduate / SoP for MS in Offshore Technology; National University of Singapore