Speed/ Humane; Northwestern Supp;Unique qualities

sukhomoon 4 / 14  
Please be as harsh as possible! I will appreciate every single word of your criticism!

What are the unique qualities of Northwestern-and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying-that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

When I open the window of the classroom, a warm, glistening waves of the lake say "hello". Freshness of trees and grass soak through my nose, and green campus relaxes my eyes. Combination of antique and modern architectures with nature presents harmony between past and present, and even the future. The Northwestern campus in Evanston is where I call heaven - the place I can be truly comfortable in the middle of nature and humans. Yet, the unseen highlight of the heaven is its unique education system.

Speed is the vital part of my life. I love speedy house music that instills energy to me everyday, and speedy running that gives fresh wind upon my body. As the speed maniac, I will definitely enjoy quarter system in Northwestern University. During short, but many terms, I can attain more knowledge and valuable experience from outstanding courses. Previously, I have never imagined of double major in Economics and Political Science due to time management, but in Northwestern University, my dream will come true. The speed of learning will provide a new kind of fuel for my life.

The quarter system does not only instill energy to my education, but it also grants me many chances of internships and other experiences outside the campus. In high school, I have had few opportunities to participate in internship due to my language barrier; however, I have been longing for the internship related economics and politics, which can provide me chances to apply theories to real-life circumstances. Also, I would also love to join local charity or community service organization, to help low-class people including the homeless. I want to become "more humane" and . The fact that the huge city Chicago is very close to Evanston will enrich my out-campus experience.

Diversity in Northwestern University is another attraction to me. Its community itself is already diverse; students come from different countries with different backgrounds. I am excited to share my diverse experience and listen to their stories, hence broadening the range of my perspectives. From an international school, I am well aware of the importance of diversity to my life. In addition, Northwestern University's distribution requirement presents diverse academics. Picking two courses from six different fields, I can taste bits of other courses and reconsider whether my prospective major is really the most intriguing to me or not. Diversity of people and academy will enhance my college life to more meaningful one.

Finally and most significantly, the university provides outstanding education regarding economics. The academic strength in the Northwestern University's economic department is already common sense. Studying economics with excellent faculty including 2010 Nobel Prize winner, Professor Dale Mortensen, is my mere dream. Additionally, Kellogg School of Management, as my possible extension from Economics, will offer international trips such as Global Initiatives in Management for me to understand more deeply about business and leadership in real experience.

Northwestern University is the heaven, where I am eager to enjoy its wonderful campus and magnificent education.

Thank you for reading and commenting in advance :)
kabal 9 / 61  
glistening waves of the lake says "hello".

Trust me, you are GOLD.
I applied , but didn't get in.
your essay is very nice
OP sukhomoon 4 / 14  
Haha, thank you for encouraging me! I am trying hard for this :D
I feel sorry for you that you did not get in :/ But I assure you that you will have a better opportunity next time! Good luck in your RD :)

Cheers

Home / Undergraduate / Speed/ Humane; Northwestern Supp;Unique qualities