I've spent my time seeing what's happening in the world from different perspectives. Why Lang?

Camilabido 6 / 11  
Prompt- Eugene Lang College was originally known as ''The Seminar College,'' marked by discussion-based classes held around a table where students and professors gathered to share ideas. At Lang, students are expected to take an active role in their education. This is your chance to tell us why you feel Lang is a good fit for you. Why Lang? (Approximately 250)

- Why Lang is a good fit for me? Why Lang? Word Count is (Approximately 250) / this has 224 words

Whether it was giving a car lecture to my mom about race, explaining to my classmates how strong Russia is as a nation, sitting in the library after school discussing the issues published by the news in debate club, or going volunteering every weekend to discuss diplomacy and politics with university students in the matter, I spent all of my high school years, weekends and money seeing what's happening in the world from different perspectives by hearing different point of views and opinions; the reason is my conviction in this being the only way to really get to know what the problems we're facing everyday really represent, and therefore identify what we can do to fix them; Lang portrays the importance of this and understands why the study of today's issues is so key in the process of problem solving. As myself, they refuse to display ignorance to everything going on around them, and are not scared of defeating what is already there by creating their own ground. Lang encourages you to speak your mind without setting limitations, and push you to reach your full potential through providing constant challenge; that's why I firmly believe that this environment creates citizens who truly effect change as needed in society to continue evolving to its advantage. And as I want to help humanity to get rid of setbacks and only push forward, I choose Lang.
...going every weekend to volunteering to discuss with students in to volunteer as a ____(what?). This part of the sentence is unclear.

Your first sentence is really long. I suggest adding a short sentence right in front of it to start the essay in a way that is easy on the reader's brain. What is a short, punchy sentence you can add at the start of the essay?

... I spent all my of my High School high school years... not a proper noun.

Lang portrays the importance of this and --- try to avoid the word 'this' and replace them with great nouns that help the reader go deep in contemplation as they decode the words and internalize your message.

I think you should spend at least 1 or 2 more sentences talking about Lang, specifically it's unconventional style classroom. Such innovations inspire creativity! The prompt talks a lot about it, so you should get specific about how you could contribute to a process where you are partly in charge of your own education.

: )
OP Camilabido 6 / 11  
Thanks Kevin! i fixed some of the issues, but please take notice that i didn't abound too much because of the word limit. Now it has 233 words please read it

Home / Undergraduate / I've spent my time seeing what's happening in the world from different perspectives. Why Lang?