"my spiritual leader, His Highness The Aga Khan" - Someone who has impacted your life

sam08 1 / -  
It was the year of 2007. It was that glorious year where he came across the world to meet us for a Deedar for his celebration of his 50 years of Ismaili service. It was a day in that year, after fourteen years of essence; I recognized my greatest jolt of impact from my spiritual leader, His Highness The Aga Khan.

I was only fourteen with insignificant knowledge on what this occasion- Deedar actually meant or why my family was traveling to Chicago for this so- called occasion. While arriving eagerly to our destination, I considered myself to be taking a vacation from the overload work of school. I could not help but only ponder about showing off my recent new outfits with my matching jewelry and shoes the next day. I was completely overjoyed for all the wrong reasons.

I knew who the Aga Khan was. I knew how he looked. I knew what he was to me. But, this was the first time being I attended a religious occasion where I got to see his presence. Personally, I did not know what type of emotions to run on. It was five in the morning and the only thing I desired was to sleep.

I quietly walked into the immense hall with beautiful decorations soaring above me. The colors spoke out to me with tranquility allowing me to feel a bit more relaxed than before. As a family, we all took our seats on the floor and the only thing left to do was to wait and pray.

Six hours had elapsed but the time was finally here. The Aga Khan had taken his first steps into the hall and on to the stage. In the midst of the Deedar, I felt a new rush pumping through my whole body. My hands trembled in joy as I took an incentive to wipe my tears. Even with the stage miles away, a smile filled with extreme bliss reached out to me.

"I want each and every one of my spiritual children to know that I am always with you and helping you, no matter where you are. I give to you my greatest blessings." Each and every word of his speech came out with a soft elegant voice. Thousands of people were surrounding me, but it felt as if he was only speaking to me. I did not even want to dare to budge from this moment at all.

It was then, where I realized the impact The Aga Khan laid on me.

At the time he spoke that day, I took into accountability what his speech said. I may not have seen it before but all his on-going speeches, his institutions, and programs now have provided a foundation for me. Growing up, my parents have strived to give me the best academic education possible. The motive behind this was because in every one of Aga Khan's speeches, he overly emphasis the importance of having education in a child's life. It took me a while, but I have now taken education as my own powerful tool to my success. It brings great confidence when I follow the dreams of the Aga Khan.

Looking into The Aga Khan's childhood, he attended Harvard University, majored in law, and still managed to be the spiritual leader of Shia Imami Ismaili Community. Inspired by him and his childhood, I push myself to run after my own dream and achieve everything through hard work and determination.

The Aga Khan's hard word to elimate poverty and help the unprivileged individuals has been ranked top on my to-do list. Established by The Aga Khan, The Aga Khan Development is one of the largest private development networks in the world. With different opportunities' raging to help the unprivileged countries, I have taken every step to ensure that I at least make a different in one individual's life. Learning and helping out the unprivileged has taught me to grateful and respectful of what I have today in my own life. Knowing the huge differences between me and the unprivileged individuals has allowed me to keep the littlest things in my mind that might provide benefits for them.

It was the year of 2007 where The Aga Khan, for me, was sent from the above. Looking back, he has carried me up from the lowest point in my life, and has guided me in every right path possible. If it was not for him, my life would have been much different today. His dedication, his motivation, and his knowledge are still influential to me till this very day and allow me to keep moving forward in life.
At the beginning, you can write:
It was during this glorious year that...

But, this was the first time being I attended a religious occasion where I got to see his presence.

Thousands of people were surrounding me, but it felt as if he was only speaking to me. ----- This is excellent writing! It's a great way to describe the experience...

... the dreams of the Aga Khan.
Looking into...
You did a good transition into the discussion of his childhood. I think it is important to give more examples of specifically how he impacted you. It is great that you mentioned how his success as a student inspires you to be a successful student. What other lessons has he taught you?

The Aga Khan's hard word work to eliminate poverty and help the unprivileged individuals has been ranked top on my to-do list.

:-) You write very well!

Home / Undergraduate / "my spiritual leader, His Highness The Aga Khan" - Someone who has impacted your life