I am a Sponge - USC (Motto - "Let whoever earns the palm bear it")

Lollifroll 2 / 5  
I am a sponge.
Water seeps into my pours as I begin to be drowned, by the liquid poring through my yellow veins. I am consumed by all the passion and opportunity I witness, because of this.

I want to attend USC to absorb as much culture and knowledge as I can. Sponges act beneath the consideration of what they soak, but as people we are responsible for being more than what we learn. I want to treat the knowledge I earn and the major I pursue as treasures, not just because of the joy I gain from learning about them, but for the opportunity of being able to utilize this passion for others/

I am without a major not for indecision, but to be enriched further and take USC in as a whole than its internships and courses. Whether it is through my passion to dance or dreams of capturing humanities moments on film, I want to earn my time at USC for the lessons they wish to instill their students to become better in their passions, as well as their offerings to society.

USC's motto is "Let whoever earns the palm bear it." I wish to earn the palm, because with it, I would have the responsibility of continuing to earn the palm for the sake of proving to not only my professors, but myself that as this porous cup, I am deserving of being given their knowledge. I want to journey to reach the moon, so I can bring others to the stars.
OP Lollifroll 2 / 5  
EDITED:
I am a sponge.

Water seeps into my pours as I begin to be drowned, by the liquid poring through my yellow veins. I am consumed by all that enters me. Sponges act beneath the consideration of what they soak, but as people we are responsible for being more than what we learn. I want to treat the knowledge I gain and the major I pursue as treasures, not just because of the joy I gain from learning about them, but for the opportunity of being able to utilize this passion for others. I am without a major not for indecision, but to be enriched further and take USC in first, so I may be better equipped to further my dreams. USC's motto is "Let whoever earns the palm bear it." I wish to earn the palm first, because whether it is through my passion to dance or love of capturing humanities' moments on film; I want to earn my learning at USC. I want to prove to myself, that I deserve the lessons my professors offer. I want to journey to reach the moon, so I may teach people about the stars.
manjot 2 / 30  
Okay, I love the end

major I pursue as treasures

majors I pursue as treasures ? I am deserving of being given their knowledge. ( I deserve their knowledge?)

not just because of the joy I gain from learning about them, but (also) for the opportunity of being able to utilize this passion for others

Classic SAT error.

And what is the prompt ?
Hi Lollifroll,

I wish to earn the palm first, because whether it is through my passion to dance or love of capturing humanities' moments on film; I want to earn my learning at USC.

.... very well presented idea : )

And what is the prompt ?

Yes, as manjot suggests it's good to have your prompt so that we can align our comment with it better and you'd find our comments more relevant.

This looks really good piece of writing. I enjoyed reading it and hope you'd soon make another post with the prompt : )

Home / Undergraduate / I am a Sponge - USC (Motto - "Let whoever earns the palm bear it")