The sport began for myself; Common App- Short Answer on Lacrosse

gymnast9195 2 / 7 1  
Here's my short answer for the Common App- 1000 character max, is there anything that might need to be fixed?

Ever since I can remember, the sport of lacrosse has been played by at least one member of my family. Whether it be my older brother playing goalie, or my other brothers playing attack, I was always at their games. On the sidelines I would play catch while watching. When I started sixth grade, the sport began for myself. Although timid at first, I adapted to the girl's sport rather quickly using my observations from my brother's games and I began to love it. This passion continued through middle school and high school and brought me to where I am today. With a love for teamwork and the sport itself, I have been nominated as captain my freshman and senior seasons. Lacrosse has taught me how to practice and play with others in an athletic setting and adapt to playing with others in such a way that leads to success in the game. My favorite aspect of the sport is that teamwork is key. A team cannot function with just one skilled player, but with everyone working together.

Thanks :)
ding377 1 / 29 2  
When I started sixth grade, (the sport began for myself.) A little awkward in the wording. Maybe try I began playing the sport myself.

I adapted to the girl's sport rather quickly using my observations from my brother'sbrothers' games, and I began to love it.

This essay seems really good. I learned a lot about you and how lacrosse changed you as a person. Good luck with the rest of your app. :)
hellogoodbye 2 / 20  
I like this! It has a personal touch as well as your involvements. : )
OP gymnast9195 2 / 7 1  
Thank you very much for the help!! :)

Home / Undergraduate / The sport began for myself; Common App- Short Answer on Lacrosse