"sport of cricket" - Michigan Essay Diversity

ndog99 2 / 2  
Share an experience through which you have gained respect for intellectual, social, or cultural differences. Comment on how your personal experiences and achievements would contribute to the diversity of the University of Michigan. (250 words)

Since I was young, I have been playing the internationally acclaimed sport of cricket, which, in a way, resembles the bat and ball game of baseball. 2 years ago, I was selected to be on the mid-west team for an Under-15 national tournament. When I arrived in California, I met my team, and saw such a diverse group of people. I met people who just moved from India, Pakistan, Australia and England, and even some Americans from all over the Midwest. Not only was my team so diverse in culture, but as we practiced, and played our matches, I began to see how each of our players contributed a unique ability and by focusing on a common goal to win, we were able to get 1st place in the tournament. This event really showed me how variety is crucial to success.

On a personal note, I am a diverse person myself. Although I was born here, and have inherited a lot American culture, I also come home to a steadfast Indian background, and frequently go to my home country to visit relatives. When making important life decisions, I am able to consult values from both my cultural backgrounds, which gives me a huge advantage. I am also diverse in my activities. I actively play many sports, including tennis, football and basketball, I am active in extracurricular academics, including math team, and Business professionals of America, and I love having a good time socializing with friends. I hope to bring my diverse background to Michigan. I want to standout of the 40,000 students with my unique personality, multiple interests and curiosity, yet I want to interact with everyone to help form this ever-growing salad bowl that has been formed at University of Michigan.
yamiri - / 2  
This is a pretty good essay. The only thing I can think of fixing is in your personal paragraph, talk about how you will implement all those activities towards a diverse University of Michigan.

Home / Undergraduate / "sport of cricket" - Michigan Essay Diversity