'Sports and Coaching' - EC answer

wallboys 1 / -  
Its the basic common app one (1000 characters) but as an international student I don't really know what they expect or what to do with it. Is my essay too focused on the concept of sport rather than me?

So here it is :

Sport is the quintessential team game and within this perception you have the jockish stereotypes. But within sport, there is the ability to overcome difficulty and dance to your own individual beat.

As a player and competitor myself, I found myself naturally inclined toward all the screeching, thudding and swishing of Basketball Court 1. Nevertheless, I made my way to Court 2 where I was met with a special group.

Coaching this group has allowed me to hear each of their amazing stories. The collective joy of a made basket, the utter lack of competitiveness and focus on the individual are all treasured experiences. Through sport, each was able to find their niche in the world and overcome their disabilities. The Special Olympics Basketball program truly brings the essence of sport to the surface and as a coach I found myself giving more Hi-5's than expected.
sarahadams 11 / 22  
But within sport, there is the ability to overcome difficulty and dance to your own individual beat. (AMAZING ) we are tring to focuse on you so lets say " But within sport, there is the ability to overcome difficulty and dance to your own individual beat and learned how to work with others, learned to be creative, and learned to accept failure"

As a player and competitor myself, I found myself naturally inclined toward all the screeching, thudding and swishing of Basketball Court 1. Nevertheless, I made my way to Court 2 where I was met with a special group ( this is starting to become a "sport essay" not "you essay" try to delet it and if not try to put your self in it.

found myself giving more Hi-5's than expected. " found myself giving more Hi-5's than expected and excepting their hard work"

Home / Undergraduate / 'Sports and Coaching' - EC answer