"sports medicine and physical therapy" - Academic goals- Madison App

tstephenson 3 / 6  
second essay for Madison. its due tomorrow so i need someone to look over it and make sure its okay to submit.

Tell us about your academic goals, circumstances that may have had an impact on your academic performance, and, in general, anything else you would like us to know in making an admission decision

While attending the University of Wisconsin -Madison I am undecided as to what I would like to major in, but have a good idea that I would be interested in majoring in sports medicine and physical therapy. I know if I choose to major in this field I will have to be motivated to study hard, and focus on keeping my grades up, which is something that I am very capable of doing. One of the main goals that I have focused on throughout my high school career is to be in the top twenty-five percent of my class, and receive a GPA of 3.4 or higher before I graduate. In order to complete this goal during my freshman and sophomore years I pushed myself to excel academically by taking accelerated classes in English and Social Science, and further continued the trend by taking an English AP class my junior year. These classes have helped me to prepare for college classes in the future, and have challenged me to work hard in order to accomplish my foremost goal. While academic goals have been an important part of my high school career, getting involved in extracurricular activities is important to me as well.

Freshman year I decided to get involved in clubs and sports to create a well rounded overall high school experience. I got involved in cross country, gymnastics, and track, where I met a lot of new people and made friends fairly quickly. This led me to join class council, varsity club, and executive council, which got me involved with other leaders and peers around the school. Being a part of these clubs has kept me busy throughout my four years of high school, and may have reflected the grades I received. At times it was stressful to try and keep up with school and the other activities I had going on, but being involved in these clubs has taught me to prioritize and balance my responsibilities. The experience I have had in high school is one that I can use to inspire me to focus on my future academic and athletic goals that I set in college.
Sorry we didn't get to this until after the deadline, but here's your essay;

In order to complete this goal during my freshman and sophomore years, I pushed myself to excel academically by...

During freshman year, I decided to get involved in clubs and sports to create a well rounded overall high school experience.

... and may have reflected the grades I received. At times it was stressful to try and keep up with school and the other activities I had going on, but being involved in these clubs has taught me to prioritize and balance my responsibilities.

This leaves it unclear as to whether you're saying your grades dropped, or if your ability to prioritize has kept them up.

Home / Undergraduate / "sports medicine and physical therapy" - Academic goals- Madison App