Stanford- FACEBOOK MATTERS TO ME!

sanatm 3 / 5  
What matters to you and why? (250 words)

*my name*

I use you. I use you for so many things. I wake up, look at you, go back to sleep, wake up again, and check you again. I write all over you, but you still seem to have so much space. How do you keep track of 500,000,000 other people like me? You let me see Gabi, my best friend from 12 years ago, or Nigel, my French pen-pal from 7th grade. You show me that long-lost cousin, who eerily looks like my doppelganger, and even tell me which new flavors are coming to Krispy Kreme Bangalore. Through you, I can interact with my online classmates from Seoul to Virginia, or maybe even my brother sitting next to me.

You are the window, the glimpse into people's lives, that lets us learn something new about someone every day. You not only virtually bring us together to a community, but also are something which all of us have in common. You came to came to Stanford as an innocent infant, but now have grown effortlessly to places from the Australian Outback, to metropolitan Hong Kong. Wrapping your arms around this globe, somehow you've managed to change it and the way its people think, all while making it smaller. Sharing with the world what we share with you, you've become an addiction to many. But to me, Facebook, you've just become a part of me. - feeling proud.

78 likes.
Like. Comment. Share.

*Like*
nanosuit 4 / 8 1  
You came to came to Stanford as an innocent infant, but now have grown effortlessly to places from the Australian Outback, to metropolitan Hong Kong

That confused me.What exactly does that mean?
OP sanatm 3 / 5  
I was trying to say that Facebook expanded to Stanford in it's early ages, like when it was first founded (Some history of Facebook) , and now it has expanded all over the world from eg. rural Australia to the bustling city of Hong Kong.

I hope this cleared it up for you? Any other questions? How is the essay though otherwise?

Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford- FACEBOOK MATTERS TO ME!