Stanford Supplement Essay- What matters to you, and why? MY BAG

JoseCollege 1 / -  
I just need someone to quickly check for grammar errors and content.
I had the essay finished and checked by my English teacher, but I can't find it. It was similar to this one just better :P

Prompt: What matters to you, and why?

What matters to me? My bag matters to me. Why does my bag matter to me? Simply put, my bag carries the things I need, the things that matter to me the most. What matters to me is not the bag itself, but what the bag represents.

My bag is a direct result of the experiences and cultures I have come in contact with. Inside one can find a U.S. Government Textbook, the book 'El Nombre del Viento' in Spanish, and even a green calculator I bought during my year in France. My bag, much like myself, is a product of what has made its way inside it. A unique mixture of cultures and contrasting ideas come together to form a single object, a single person.

My bag is a representation of the things that matter to me the most. Inside can be found reminders of my family: my brother's sweater, my sister's English Literature binder, and even a neatly packed lunch made by my mother and father. Everything that is of importance and has a place in my heart can be found inside.

My bag is important to me because it is me. It's a reflection of my life and proof that different ideas from different places can come together and form a cohesive whole. Everything found in my bag can be found in me, and will remain with me for the rest of my life.

Deadline is in a few days, so any answers will be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!!!
calpride - / 2 1  
JoseCollege
What matters to me? My bag matters to me. Why does my bag matter to me? Simply put, my bag carries the things I need, the things that matter to me the most. What matters to me is not the bag itself, but what the bag represents.i dont think you need to say this b/c the reader can gather that conclusion from reading it -- which is a good thing!

My bag is a direct result of the experiences and cultures I have come in contact with. Inside one -- i think you can just say "you" can find a U.S. Government Textbook, the book 'El Nombre del Viento' in Spanish, and even a green calculator I bought during my year in France. My bag, much like myself, is a product of what has made its way inside it. A unique mixture of cultures and contrasting ideas come together to form a single object, a single person.

overall I really liked it and how you made one object that obviously does matter to you into something about your whole life and your culture!

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford Supplement Essay- What matters to you, and why? MY BAG