Stanford essay: Don Quixote... HELP

kldini 12 / 62  
The prompt is about the intellectual vitality of Stanford's students. What do you think.? Is it good, bad, horrible? Look for anything please...Any feedback is more than welcomed... Thanks guys...+)

I was fourteen years old when I first read "The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra and I change since then. I have always been an active learner in arts and cultures; I learn in a daily basis. I have learned music to show my passions through it, and I have learned to read (in English and Spanish) to understand archaic books because of my desire to learn about the past in order to know about the present.

After rereading "The Quixote" in English, I come to know, in my seventeenth year of life, that I am a rookie in the game of knowledge, however, I know the basic principle of the game-there is no rule in this game because I decide what and how I want to learn. And as I have learned about Cervantes, his passions, and his thoughts, I realized that languages are what I want to learn about; not only because if masterly used, languages allow to alter facts, as seen in politics, but because one way or another languages will help me achieve my aspirations to become a multi-lingual and multi-cultural lawyer.

"Is Don Quixote crazy?" my brother asked me when reading Cervantes-a master of the Spanish language-lying on the brown carpet of my bedroom. I replied "Is he?" No answer. No rational individual is able to define insanity in a sentence just as no individual is able to be sure of being right or being wrong about any matter.

In this masterful piece of literature, I aimed to fetch the possible reason to believe that this was the best book written in the Spanish language. Fortunately, I found it. It is...the fact that you have options, you decide what you want to believe. Thus, it is unwise to let someone to tell you should to believe in; as my mother told me once: "If you need to believe in something that is not your desire to believe, but others, you will never reach the sky." "What is that I should believe in then?" Myself.
tsungyuwu 3 / 12  
was fourteen years old when I first read "The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra and I've changed since then. I have always been an active learner in the arts and cultures

And as I have learned about Cervantes, his passions, and his thoughts, I realized that languages are what I want to learn aboutfocus on ;not only because if masterly used, languages allow to alter facts, as seen in politics, but also because one way or another(no matter what) languages will help me achieve my aspirations to become a multi-lingual and multi-cultural lawyer.

Good job :)
OP kldini 12 / 62  
Thank you so much. Yeah I tried to change the beginning but it is too late for that i hope they will understand it.
The game of knowledge.''' =)

Thanks again.
Anyone else???
lexmonti 3 / 7  
Can you read my essay too?
Common App--My new goal list

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford essay: Don Quixote... HELP