Stanford Roommate - Why are there cats on everything you own?!

foreverarianaaa 5 / 7  
Stanford students possess an intellectual vitality. Reflect on an idea or experience that has been important to your intellectual development. (2000 character limit)I'm afraid that this essay says too little about who I am as a person/to Stanford-That's what I need clarification on most. Thanks for all your help, and I'll make sure to return the favor :)

Bonjour, Roommate!

Je m'appelle Ariana, and the first thing you should know about me is that I talk to myself A LOT in French.

When you first meet me, I'll probably be unpacking a plethora of cat socks, memorabilia from my travels to France, and a few of my most cherished CDs from my 80s floral print suitcase. You'll meet most of my friends through this picture frame clock I got for Christmas last year. Don't worry, you'll make it into a frame soon enough, but don't be alarmed when the picture is printed out and my face is twisted-I usually make ridiculous faces in pictures because I know it'll get a laugh.

My perfect night would be getting back to the dorm late after my last club activity, turning on some French music, and drowsily taking online personality quizzes until my eyes feel heavy and I fall asleep. But that's assuming that I don't have four hours of homework to do. If there's anything that high school has taught me, it's that there needs to be a balance between homework, activities, and wandering around the Internet until the wee hours of the morning.

I hope you like getting involved in anything that interests you. Out and about more often than not, I'd love for you to join me. Whether it's performing color experiments involving the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis (I find language SO interesting), taking a plastic bag around campus to pick up trash, or attending a musical at the Memorial Auditorium, expect me to be busy. When something catches my eye, I go all in and dive into its depths to get a real feel of it. On the other hand, it's okay if you're into different things because all the real bonding happens midnights during dead week when we SCREEEAAAMM out our window together, drowning in our mutual despair. I know that, if nothing else, we'll click because we're both studying at Stanford.

See you next fall!

P.S. You might want to learn a couple French phrases before we meet. Start with "Why are there cats on everything you own?!"
SeniorMel 7 / 45  
When youfirst meet me

I like this essay. It shows your personality.
hanakml 2 / 19  
I think its fantastically written and really gives the reader a sense of who you are. No suggestions ! (:
Jerlynn 3 / 26  
I like this essay. It has marvelous details and the perfect PS. It's really good.

Appreciate it if you can checkout my NYU supp. Cheers!
gotpho 4 / 19  
You might not realize it, but your writing style says plenty about you as well! Stanford will see that you are playful and actually have a personality. If you had written about the same exact topics in a much drier tone, you would come across as a boring cat lady. Don't worry, because I can definitely tell that you are someone who people automatically love for reasons beyond their comprehension. Stanford is trying to build a community, and you've shown that your personality is something they need in that community. Good luck to you! (I would love it if you can read over my essay, translate it into french if you have to.)
omo5031 8 / 33  
I would be really eager to meet you if I were your roomate, you seem like an interesting character and it comes alive through your essay. Its really good and answers the prompt well.
Sammyikua 1 / 1  
this is a Very intelligently written essay, it shows your personality throughout the essay. I like how you explain the way she or he may meet you.
Blazinazn253 2 / 4  
I bet I saw you today. And I Bet you like whip cream. And I bet you live in washington LOL I BET YOU JUST LEFT MY HOUSE. AND I BET YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS 253 441 1754 HEHEHEHEHE

BUT ANYWAYS... It's phantasmagorical.
susannesj 1 / 1  
Well, I have to say I completely agree with all the others who posted here.
Your personality is implied pretty clear in the letter.
Wish you good luck!
Jackyt 1 / 3  
Honestly this is great. The voice is clear. The all caps are well done. And it's succinct without being cut short. I also really like the fact that it's formatted like a letter.

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford Roommate - Why are there cats on everything you own?!