Stanford Essay: letter to roommate, I like health and coffee

potterygenius94 2 / 5 1  
Stanford Supplemental Essay Prompt: Write a letter to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that helps your roommate--and us-- know you better.

Dear Future Roommate:
There are many things about me that you will undoubtedly notice without me having tell you. However, I am taking this opportunity to explain to you why I am who I am. I am dedicated, yet all hard work must be balanced with a certain amount of stress relief. This, I firmly believe in.

You'll notice my dedication by my obsession with health and working out. I am a triple and long jumper and I try to work out every day. Whether it is 5:30 in the morning or 7:00 at night, I make sure I don't miss a workout. I'll try hard not to wake you up when I creep out to hit the track (I am very light-footed). Also, because I am a jumper, sand is as much a part of me as my own hair. My socks are almost always stained, though clean, and my bags always are gritty with sand. It does create quite the mess, so I will invest in a portable vacuum for your sake!

My refrigerator and collection of food also reveals my dedication. Don't be alarmed when you take a peek and see Almond Milk and Gluten free bread instead of "normal" food. I am allergic to neither dairy nor gluten, but instead avoid those foods to help with my track. I won't be offended when you raise your eyes at my preferred breakfast of chicken and rice, either. My diet might seem weird at first, but I'm sure you'll grow to love the welcoming aroma of freshly cooked rice from my rice cooker! And, of course help yourself to any of the assortment of almonds, sliced meats, fruits, and vegetables that will be stuffed on my side of the room!

Speaking of food, coffee is my haven. A quality dark roast makes every morning a little more upbeat and the silky flavor pouring down my throat is something I can't live without. If you are a coffee drinker, you are lucky-I make excellent coffee and lots of it. I am from Seattle and coffee is basically the staple "food" in our rainy domain. When I sit in a coffee shop with the sweet aroma of coffee beans filling my nose, I work my best. The bustle around me doesn't distract--it excites me to write faster, concentrate harder, and think more creatively. Yes, it might be a crime, but coffee does help me with my dedication to everything I do.

I look forward to meeting you! My habits are pretty easy to get used to, and I can work around your needs, too. If you need alone time I can find refuge in a coffee shop. If you need to work out, you can join me at the track. If you need a study buddy, we can face the challenge of our classes together. Overall, I am excited to take on this year as a duo!

Sincerely,
(my name)
sg120 5 / 10 2  
There are many things about me that you will undoubtedly notice without me to having tell you.
bonbon11 1 / 4 2  
Overall, I am excited to take on this year as a duo!

nice job! I see you as a very energetic but organized person.
imanali14 2 / 2  
I liked the conversational tone of the essay, and the little side comments.
giving me idean.

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford Essay: letter to roommate, I like health and coffee