Stanford Roommate Letter- My Wide Expanse of Passion

sandrasepp 2 / 6  
Prompt: Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate-and us-know you better.

Hi future roomie,
I'm a Scorpio. Many websites such as the reliable and fact-based "astrology-online" describe Scorpios as intense, tranquil, self-controlling, and reserved. This does not describe me at all, which makes sense because I do not believe in astrology one bit. On the contrary, I am breezy, energetic, and, once I get over my brief shyness, outgoing. I have interests all over the place. I love playing sports and am always on the edge of my seat watching them. I don't know much about any sport besides soccer, but I enjoy watching and playing all of them! I'm big on nature and being eco-friendly so if you don't recycle, we'll have to change that. If you do, we can start a campaign to get our dorm area to compost! My love of nature and animals is wide yet unfortunately stops at spiders. And snakes. I cannot stand either. Other bugs also scare me. My squeamish nature about bugs shows a whole other side of my personality: a girly girl. I love clothes, I love makeup (only if it's eco-friendly!), and I love style. I was born in Finland so I might bring some Marimekko colorful bed covers and home furnishings to spice up our living arrangement. Because of all these different things, no stereotype seems to fit me. I am a jock because of my passion for sports. I'm a tree-hugger because of my passion for nature. I'm a princess because of my passion f or all things pink. However, all the different sides of me are united by one thing: passion. I used to be shy, but that does not apply to me anymore. Instead, I am passionate, if sometimes a little too much, about all of my interests. Passion is the one and online quality astrology-online. got right about me.

With love (and passion!),
your future roomie

i feel like it might be in between serious and funny, but that's kinda my nature so I guess it shows who I am? I know it's too long, I'll cut it down. Any advice on what to take out?
This does not describe me at all, which makes sense because I do not believe in astrology one bit.---This is a funny and surprising sentence, you said a lot already about your sense of humor. It's great!

I'm a princess because of my passion for all things pink.

Passion is the one and only quality astrology-online.com got right about me.

I think your essay is great! It's funny, serious, and tells a lot about your personality. It sounds as if you'll be a fun roommate and someone good to hang around with and talk to. I really liked the part about spiders and snakes. Good luck in school and have fun!

:)
OP sandrasepp 2 / 6  
Thank you so much I will make those edits!

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford Roommate Letter- My Wide Expanse of Passion