Stanford Supplement/ Special Olympics/ or just Olympics

SammieA 1 / 2  
Hey everyone, would appreciate some feedback, no matter how harsh! Thanks!

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (150 word limit.)

Sports have always been a big part of my life. Once I heard about Special Olympics, an organization that helps over 13,000 athletes with disabilities, I immediately became an active volunteer throughout high school. One of my most profound experiences occurred during junior year. I remember coaching and cheering for a basketball team comprised of 10 year olds, who all had a mental disability. Like my little brother, they loved to play basketball. The only difference was that they were diagnosed with learning disabilities and struggled to do day-to-day tasks because of them. It was evident that the court was one of the places where they were able to experience the joy of being involved in a team and feel supported by the community. I will remember coaching and teaching them for the rest of my life because I felt an immense joy spreading cheer to these young kids' lives.
Kristoria 3 / 51 1  
You did a good job of elaborating about the activity and gave a nice example. Also, you stated why you developed that love for volunteering. Overall a good essay.

Could you also take a look at my Stanford essays?

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford Supplement/ Special Olympics/ or just Olympics