Stanford University Summer Session (International).

lfdz 4 / 31  
Prompt: How will participating in Stanford Summer Session advance my future career, academic, or personal goals?

Maximum of 500 words in length.

Essay:

Lorenzo Fernández
Junior in Industrial Design

To whom ever will be an influence to my acceptance as a student,

It's been a while since my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. For me it has been a roller coaster experience; ambivalent feelings begin to emerge... I feel sad but at the same time I'm grateful because of the fact that I've learned so much. Humans have control over so many things, yet we forget that just like any living thing on this planet, we are so vulnerable. We can take care of ourselves, but nothing is one hundred percent guaranteed. We can plan in advance, but we will never be able to predict what its actually going to happen in the future. Sometimes we spend a lot of time thinking instead of actually doing what we want right now. Negative thoughts are the main reason we restrain ourselves to do what our nature dictates us to do. Thinking about future accomplishments or having long-term plans is obviously something very important. But sometimes people plan so much they forget things and ideas change as time passes by. I think its better to stick to the plan knowing that nothing will ever stay the same. My plan is to do what I love right now and when the time comes Ill make a decision on what I want to do next. I'm in the pursuit of becoming a better person, and I will take any opportunity that helps me accomplish that. That's one of the main reason I'm applying for Summer Program, because I believe it will give me the knowledge and experience necessary to make great decisions in life.
Purwati Ayu 7 / 14 2  
and I will takeany opportunity that helps me accomplish that

many opportunities. that is positive sentence, 'any' for negative and question sentence. and be careful in plural/singular
13williamsm 4 / 8  
lfdz:
and I will take any opportunity that helps me accomplish that many opportunities. that is positive sentence, 'any' for negative and question sentence. and be careful in plural/singular
OP lfdz 4 / 31  
Seriously? All you did is copy/paste Purwati's message...
OP lfdz 4 / 31  
Are there any MODS out there? Need good feedback here... Please someone.

Best,
OP lfdz 4 / 31  
be careful in plural/singular

What do you mean with that? Can you please highlight the errors?

Best,

Home / Undergraduate / Stanford University Summer Session (International).