When a Stargazing Is Your Extracurricular Activity - Harvard essay

Isabellaalmeida 11 / 26 5  
Elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences

We Are Stardust

My voice trembles. I can barely hold the microphone. But it all disappears when I look at my audience's dazed eyes against the "pale blue dot", or when I say that our galaxy is colliding with Andromeda and a child apprehensively asks: "What will happen to us?".

Choosing the theme of my lectures is another challenge. I simply can't do it. I could spend hours planning it just because of the pleasure of looking at supernovas or outlining a slide about the Big Bang that seems so incomplete because little do we know about it- which definitely excites me.

It's also about the stunned expression of those who realize that we are stellar dust: a unique, special combination of stars that play a singular role in this uni verse. I want them to explore and improve themselves, to follow their true passion and make something out of their own existence.
Isabella, this is a highly descriptive and engaging essay. The problem with it, is that you did not signify that this is an extra curricular activity. It sounds more like you are giving a lecture in Science class rather than performing an extra curricular activity. In order to make this an extra curricular activity, you will need to reformat the start of the essay.

You must first indicate what kind of extra curricular activity this is, how often a week you do it, and where. After you inform the reader of the background of the activity, you can progress to this current presentation in succeeding paragraphs. Due to the word limitation though, I believe there are 100 words for this kind of statement (?) there is a distinct possibility that you will need to shorten or summarize this current presentation. You may need to be less creative and more direct in presentation. While creativity is good when engaging the reviewer, being direct to the point helps you meet the word count and inform the reader in a quicker time frame.

Home / Undergraduate / When a Stargazing Is Your Extracurricular Activity - Harvard essay