'I started Kumon' - uiuc: how your past impacted who you are and your major?

eheu3000 1 / -  
Like many other Asian kids, I started Kumon when I was five. My mom always used to tell me that I'm a math genius just because I was faster in counting than most of the kids my age. Since then, my math ego has grown. No matter where I was I had to be a number one in math, and my passion for math forced me to keep studying math. For this reason, I finished a pre-calculus course at 12, and since arriving in America, I had won a variety of awards in many math competitions. When I was in 8th grade, I won second place in Mathcounts out of the whole state of Tennessee.

I am applying to the college of engineering. I believe UIUC fits me the most because I'm a pure engineering person. Through the experience of many math and science competitions, I have been dealing with many complex problems. I know how to apply my knowledge into a certain situation. I might not be a great student in English and History, but when it comes to math and science, I can guarantee that I'm the most confident person in these fields.
sohaibsiddiqui 3 / 18  
Please elaborate.

There are a few grammatical errors. Please re-read.

You sound like a math genius. Good luck
lee235717 - / 16  
You sound like a braggart. Colleges want you to imply about your achievements, not boast about yourself.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I started Kumon' - uiuc: how your past impacted who you are and your major?