It wasn't until I started living with my grandmother; what matters to you ?

viraa 2 / 6  
what do you think of this? should i work on it any further?

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."
â€- Malcolm X
It wasn't until I started living with my grandmother, did I begin to sense the helplessness and dependence the lack of education creates. Since then I've always felt as if a proper education was key to a much better quality of life and its importance significantly increased in my views. I was a witness to her struggles, so when I started my own school, I did it with the ideology that one day no one ever goes through what she had to. Although it comprised of only 18 children of nearby slums, I'm glad I could make a contribution to that dream of a literate world my grandmother and I had. While most my friends spent their summer break visiting places and having their perceptions of fun, I would be awake by 5:30 am finishing up my extended math work so I could contribute as much time to those kids. It gave me a genuine sense of achievement to see those children learn to speak English and attempt to incorporate it in their daily lives. If I get accepted at Stanford, not only do I intend on using this education to aid in technological innovations, but also improve the standards of living all around the globe
linting2012 10 / 78 18  
Can you please tell me what is the word limit? Other than that this essay is really good. Just a suggestion though, in your essay you never mentioned about technological innovations so it seems out of place (I get what you implied but the link is no clear) Probably mentioned something about technological innovation in your essay?

Good Luck in stanford

BTW please check this essay of mine please
please also tell me which version of essay do you prefer
OP viraa 2 / 6  
this was the closest i could get without crossing the word limit (500 words) sadly. my other essays do mention about the tech aspect so i hope that connects them all.
linting2012 10 / 78 18  
500 words? cause your essay is only 227 words. BTW please check my essay
ps. just saw your post, thanks
OP viraa 2 / 6  
sorry, i meant 250. these were the short answer ones..

Home / Undergraduate / It wasn't until I started living with my grandmother; what matters to you ?