Personal Statement for Houston Methodist Administrative Fellowship Program!

zizozeid 1 / 1  
Hi Guys,
I would like your help to check my Personal Statement for Houston Methodist Administrative Fellowship Program.
Basically it is a training program for hospital administration.
Any comments would be helpful.
Thanks

"Once during my undergraduate study in medical school I volunteered to participate in the national campaign of Poliomyelitis eradication in Egypt and I was assigned to lead the team as I was the most senior. While leading my team in our zone of work, I made sure that everybody has what they need, I supervised them every half an hour and kept on contact with them for the whole campaign. We had to move from house to house asking for children younger than five years to give them the vaccine, so we faced a lot of troubles and I had to be there with them to deal with it. I became a friend to all members of the team even after the campaign has finished. Then I realized for the first time what leadership and effective teamwork means to me.

Although I have been graduated with a medical degree, but I was passionate to explore the health care administration more than applying clinical sciences that I had learned in medical school. So I had to pursue a professional graduate study in health care organization and hospitals management. Even though during my residency time in psychiatry I was working in the capacity of a deputy administrator for four years in a mental health hospital, I was in charge of managing personnel, finances, facility operations, and admissions while also providing patient care.

Now as I am currently the chairman of community psychiatry unit in my hospital, we teamed up mainly trying to reach out the underserved populations to provide mental health services instead of traditional services in hospital in order to support them psychologically, to educate them how to cope with their illness and to encourage them to maintain a stable healthy life style. This service has a great outcomes like reduction of inpatient admission rates at psychiatric hospitals, increase compliance, raise the general awareness against common false beliefs and to reduce the impact of stigma in community beside its overall economic outcome. This process would not be happen successfully without our harmonious teamwork.

Despite the fact that I am an international applicant, I have been exposed previously to the US health care industry when I spent two months externship in Brookridge Medical Center during my undergraduate study. It was a private practice in Henderson, TX. I have seen the whole process and I was fascinated with the medical record system and had the chance to deal with it.

I am seeking an Administrative Fellowship at Houston Methodist because it provides comprehensive exposure to operations, finance, strategic planning, and management in both academic and community hospital settings. Its flexible rotation-based curriculum would allow me to optimize my experience to premier academic medical hospital system, to develop a comprehensive understanding of a complex health care organization with a strong academic and spiritual mission, and to have many opportunities to further develop my leadership and communication skills.

Given my past history of commitment and dedication to work, I am sure I will bring the highest level of energy and enthusiasm to your fellowship program. I am confident that I will exceed your expectations, because of both my academic and interpersonal skills. I will enrich the program by enabling fellows and coworkers to benefit from my ambitious and open nature. Furthermore, my international and cultural background and interdisciplinary education will add more diversity to your administrative fellowship program.

Thank you for considering my application and I am looking forward to be considered as a candidate for your esteemed Houston Methodist Administrative Fellowship program."

Abdelaziz Zeid
- "(quotation mark is not necessary when starting an essay) Once during...
- Egypt and I was assigned to lead the team as I was the most senior.
- ...children younger than five years to give them the vaccine,...
- so we faced a lot of troublesissues and...

- Although I have been graduated with a medical degree,
- but I wasam passionate...
- This service has a great outcomes like reduction of inpatient...

- Given my past history of commitment and dedication to work,
- ...your expectations, because of bothdue to my academic and interpersonal skills.
- I will enrich the program by enabling fellows and coworkers...
- ...to benefit from mythis ambitious and open nature program .
- Furthermore, my international and cultural background and interdisciplinary(????, I understand that you want to play with words however "interdisciplinary" would mean "diverse" to most of your readers) education...

- will add more diversity to your administrative fellowship program.

There you have it, I hope the remarks I made help!!!
Best of luck!!!
OP zizozeid 1 / 1  
@ justivy03 Thank you :)

Home / Undergraduate / Personal Statement for Houston Methodist Administrative Fellowship Program!