Statement of purpose - MS - Information & Engineering Technology

mrug1512 1 / -  
Hi All,

Out of three major portion of SOP (intro + background + future plans and suitability of course), I have just been able to draft my background as below. In a view of short time line,, I preferred to

go by my prefs.

I look forward to all your quick comments, (bit in hurry, sorry for that)... Thanks a lot...

000000000000000000000000000000000000

I had a strong liking for mathematics, which prompted me to take up science and later pursue engineering. My innate strength being lateral thinking, quantitative and analytical abilities, facilitated me to take up Information and Technology as major. In first semester, writing first ever program in language C thrilled me, precisely to authenticate my keen interest and eagerness to learn new dimensions of IT field. Next I was introduced to Object Oriented programming languages. I was influenced by the way real life object relations were possible to replicate in computer programming using OOP concepts. As a matter of personal preference, I invested major part of free time in college labs to explore and implement concepts, which gained me an edge on practical knowledge. This followed with motivating results, as first time I have had topped my university.

During my engineering course subjects like Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms, OOP language: C++, JAVA, J2EE, DBMS, Operating Systems, Compilers and Computer Graphics fascinated me the most. These subjects have helped me understand various aspects and have had gradually strengthened my interest in computing concepts. My orientation towards IT had kindled a spark of desire in me to achieve excellence, as for B.E. final semester assignment I implemented project using JAVA, titled: 'Digital Image Processing - Image toolkit'. In evaluation phase project had received number of appreciation from state wide versatile faculty base. In the course of my engineering studies I was awarded with Gold Medal for educational excellence. With many more awards and recognizations, for IT subjects, I have been six times university rank holder, claiming my place in top ranked 1% students from university.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
I have a strong liking for mathematics, which prompted me to take up science and later pursue engineering.

My innate strength being lateral thinking, also my quantitative and analytical abilities, facilitated me to take up Information and Technology as major.

In my first semester, writing my first ever program in language C thrilled me, precisely to authenticate my keen interest and eagerness to learn new dimensions of IT field.

As a matter of personal preference, I invested a major part of my free time in college labs to explore and implement concepts, which gained me an edge on practical knowledge.

During my engineering course, subjects like Data...

In evaluation phase project had received number of appreciation from state wide versatile faculty base.---This sentence is not clear.

In the course of my engineering studies I was awarded the Gold Medal for educational excellence. With many more awards and recognizance, for IT subjects, ...

Good luck in school! They'll be lucky to have you as a student!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / Statement of purpose - MS - Information & Engineering Technology