Personal Statement for an International Development Studies Program.

Hthmn 6 / 14 3  
I would like you to help with my Motivation Letter for an Erasmus Mundus joint master degree program in International Development Studies. The motivation letter must not exceed 500 word count.

the Joint Master Degree Programme - vital part of my future plans

With this letter I hereby wish to state my interest and apply for the master degree Programme in International Development Studies, which starts at the beginning of December of 2017. My ultimate goal is to become a professor and a researcher in a leading research university in Yemen. I strongly believe this master programme is a great opportunity to enrich my knowledge, professional outgrowth and to achieve my goal of contributing to the economic development process of my home-country, Yemen.

In college, through the broad nature of my bachelor degree in Business, I have built very good understanding of Macro and Micro Economics, Public Finance, Planning and Economic Development, and also in general understanding of economic issues. Back then, I adopted a rigors approach to understand the course in hand, established myself as the best student in the Faculty of Administrative Sciences, and graduated first in a class consisting of 457 students in June of 2015. After graduation, I wanted to make a difference in peoples' lives, by volunteering in a refugee camp with a local organization, to help raise funds for helpless and civil war victims. There, I realized that I simply loved working with people in a way that would allow me to change at least one individual's life for the better.

I think that I am one of the best candidates for your master degree programme in International Development Studies since I come from Yemen, one of the least developed countries in the globe, where years of economic instability, inequality, poverty, financial corruption, and then escalating violence exploded into full-scale armed conflict on my country in March of 2015.Therefore, given the chance to be part of your master programme will enable me to get a professional role in the restructuring process in my country, when the war is over. Through the provision to courses in Economic of Development, Sustainable Development, Economic Theory and Policy, and Qualitative Policy Analysis for Development, I will develop profound understanding of economic issues in local and international level, gain deep- knowledge on how to manage and to find practical solutions for economic problems, and sharpen comparative analysis and approaches in socio-economic and environmental issues Yemen confronts.

I wish to get a chance through Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship to interact with students from diverse professionals and cultural backgrounds drawn from all over the world, to hone cross-cultural skills and to see the world in different eyes. Furthermore, through exposure to world class institutes namely, Palacky University, University of Auvergne, and University of Pavia is a once in a lifetime chance that will help me evolve to the highest level possible in professional and personal level. Finally, I would to emphasize that the Joint Master Degree Programme in International Development Studies is vital part of my future plans in relation to becoming a professional and researcher in the economic development field to participate in the process of creating better world for us, Yemenis, and the generations to come.
PJmustbebetter 6 / 8  
Master Degree

should be: Master's degree

Furthermore, through exposure to world class institutes ...

Where is the subject? because there is preposition "through"

in socio-economic and environmental issues Yemen confronts.

is it appropriate the using of confronts in that sentence?
Noman, add credibility to your claim of realizing that you wanted to work with people by adding the complete name of the organization you worked with, the location / name of the refugee camp, and the years when you participated in this program. That information will be vetted for validity and help in your application because it aligns with the program you wish to study. Since you are applying to an International Development Studies program, the way that you interacted with these people are of paramount importance to your essay. So give this presentation a separate paragraph in the overall essay.

Do not say that you think you are one of the best candidates for the program. If you think you are the best then that means that you know you are not qualified for the program. The belief of the reviewer in your ability to qualify for the program will rely solely on your confidence in yourself and the image of certainty that you deliver in your personal statement. So be sure of yourself. Do not speak wit uncertainty. That will not help your essay.

The rest of the essay seems to work well with the other portions so I am not so worried about those sections. My main concern is on the paragraphs that I mentioned above. I hope you can revise them in a manner that best strengthens your essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Personal Statement for an International Development Studies Program.