Statement of Purpose - SCAD (art and design interest)

ChristinaDion 1 / 1  
I am currently working on a statement of purpose that requires my personal thoughts about art and design interest. Could you please let me know the adjustments I need to increase or take away to fit the school's requirements?
OP ChristinaDion 1 / 1  
Everywhere we may look are incredible visual photos competing for our attention, entertaining us, or trying to persuade. Viewers cannot turn on their television without being blindsided by the new adviertistments everyday. Visual artists create art to communicate thoughts, feelings, and ideas through painting, sculpting, or illustration. Having a career in Graphic Design is perfect for a creative individual as myself who has a sense of design. This type of profession has caught my attention since age 10, helping my uncles Brian and James Jones with church programs including a cover of my grandfather's funeral program, invitations,and businiess cards. Becoming a Graphic Designer is not only my goal but it's also my dream. I intend to pursue this career as a master's degree at SCAD in Savannah,Ga. I may not have the best SAT scores or GPA average but I'm hardworking, I always told myself through the years that I would never give up on my dream and that shows I am a person who's determined.

Designing profile pictures for friends on MYSPACE and FACEBOOK helped with my craft.
At the core of the day, I simply enjoy the design concept of life.
Randyhl 8 / 33  
Everywhere we may look atour incredible visual photos competing for our attention, entertaining us, or trying to persuadeWhat do you mean by this?.

Viewers cannot turn on their television without being blindsided by the new adviertistments everyday. Visual artists create art to communicate thoughts, feelings, and ideas through painting, sculpting, or illustration. Having a career in Graphic Design is perfect for a creative individual as myself who has a sense of design.

You aren't really saying much here. Where is the low down on you? Who are you? "viewers cannot?"what about you, how has television and advertisements affected you and influenced your decision to go into graphic design?
I think it will be beter without the word "may" (i.e. may look)

Actually, I think the first few sentences are statements of the obvious... too obvious and common.

When you get here it gets interesting:
Having a career in Graphic Design is perfect for a creative individual as myself who has a sense of design. --- I would like to know more about your sense of design, your inclinations, your ideas.

This type of profession has caught my attention since age 10, helping my uncles Brian and James Jones with church programs including a cover of my grandfather's funeral program, invitations,and businiess cards. (now tell us a little about your philosophy of design as it has developed during these experiences)

Becoming a Graphic Designer is not only my goal but it's also my dream. blah blah blah

:-)

I intend to pursue this career as a master's degree at SCAD in Savannah,Ga and ______ add something to give this sentence some purpose in its life.

I may not have the best SAT scores or GPA average but I'm hardworking, I always told myself through the years that I would never give up on my dream and that shows I am a person who's determined. --- this is a run on sentence. You can fix it y putting a semi-colon in place of the comma after "hardworking"

but is it really necessary to draw attention you your bad gpa and sat scores? If so, maybe you should not pss over it in such a casual way, as though they can be easily compensated for with determination. Tell the reader how your passion for design has caused you to really engage school in a proactive way during your recnt semesters (even if the gpa does not reflect that.)

use a theme that will make this memorable.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Statement of Purpose - SCAD (art and design interest)