"TV station internship" short answer for common app

Absinthe 2 / 5  
Hi, this is my short answer for common app about my work experience.
Please feel free to criticize it and give me some advice!
Thank you!

"Camera ready, action....cut,shoot again. Action!" I hold the magnesium lamp and listened to director repeated those words tirelessly all summer. Working in TV station was much harder than I imagined. As an audience, I used to ridicule some TV programs but after six weeks' practicing I couldn't laugh out any more because I've known clearly that every episode need to be planned in weeks advance and entailed countless considerations, from buying water to contacting shooting place. What behind the TV screen are enormous efforts and sweat.

However, working with the director made me comprehend more about film arts. Expressing one's inner world and presenting it to people through visual pattern are so attractive though the hardship. Repeating a scene constantly is like to practice one's dream step by step. On the last day, when walked into the tool room and saw those cinemicrographic machines, I just felt peaceful. (148/150 words)

Thanks for reading it!
best wishes
nishabala 4 / 91  
"What behind the TV screen are enormous efforts and sweat."
Did you mean 'what is'?

"six weeks' practicing "
practicing for six weeks?

You aren't contradicting anything when you start the second paragraph, don't start with however.

I'd suggest you sut down the length of "As an audience, I used to ridicule some TV programs but after six weeks' practicing I couldn't laugh out any more because I've known clearly that every episode need to be planned in weeks advance and entailed countless considerations, from buying water to contacting shooting place." and use the words to ad more to the second paragraph, where you talk about yourself. You should talk more about yourself:)

Good luck!
OP Absinthe 2 / 5  
thanks Nisha!!!
ur really helpful ^

Home / Undergraduate / "TV station internship" short answer for common app