'Stayed in Viatnem for a summer' - USC Short Answers.

yennhihoang 5 / 9  
When I stayed in Vietnam for a summer, my first-hand experience with Vietnamese tradition and culture fascinated me, but what was even more exciting was the French influence integrated into Vietnamese culture. I did not expect to use my French speaking skills in Vietnam. My knowledge of other languages and cultures cultivates my interest in international relations because even though each country's culture is different, they are still tied together. I hope to become a lawyer practicing international law because I wish to interact with these cultures on a personal and professional level. My passion for international relations spurs my desire to attend the University of Southern California.

I will be able to supplement my global awareness gained from the School of International Relations with living in a vivacious international city alongside more enrolled foreign students than any other university in the country. I grew up in a predominantly white community, where being a minority was looked down upon. USC will provide me with the opportunity to live in a diverse community and learn about cultural differences. Apart from the School of International Relations, the wide range of courses available further entices me to attend USC. I enjoy statistics, chemistry, economics, philosophy, and literature. USC will allow me to fully explore my broad intellectual curiosities, grow as a globally literate international relations student, and prepare for my future career.
candymare 1 / 1  
This is a nice essay. You provide good/specific examples. Just one part seemed it a bit awkward:
"I will be able to supplement my global awareness gained from the School of International Relations with living in a vivacious international city alongside more enrolled foreign students than any other university in the country"

maybe you could shorten this or rephrase it. i thought it seemed a little confusing or even a bit run-on.
Otherwise it's a good essay :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Stayed in Viatnem for a summer' - USC Short Answers.