'Stepping onto the campus' - UPenn supplement essay

jonnyboy2 3 / 4  
I'm unsure about how long it needs to be, because I feel like I don't really have anything else to add! :/

Considering both the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying and the unique aspects of the University of Pennsylvania, what do you hope to learn from and contribute to the Penn community? (Please answer in one page, approximately 500 words.)

Stepping onto the campus of the University of Pennsylvania for the first time, I was almost overwhelmed by the surrounding aura of nearly three hundred years' worth of knowledge and self-discovery emanating from the archaic yet beautiful buildings around me. Yet despite the rich and lengthy history of UPenn, I quickly learned that UPenn is not at all left behind in modern times. On the contrary, its top research facilities and productive alumni body was one of the motivating factors in my new desire to become a pioneer of computer science and innovation at UPenn.

Yet despite my solidified interest in the Computer Science program at UPenn, my curiosity was also aroused by UPenn's encompassing education that encourages students to learn as much as possible through the numerous joint-degree programs. While others might see a rigorous course load, I only see a buffet of knowledge that might finally satisfy my appetite for learning.

The Information Age we live in is constantly changing and adapting. Similar to UPenn's committed advancements towards research, I intend on developing and engineering new guidelines in computer security or satisfying my creative programming side by fulfilling the need for new software in any field possible. I believe that UPenn holds the tools I need to succeed in my aspirations, and while at UPenn I hope to create a few tools of my own.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

You did not answer the prompt at all. What do you intend to learn from Penn? How do you plan to contribute back to the UPenn community? You did not talk about either of these two directives. This essay is very generic and will impress no one. -AAO/express

Hope This Helps
simplyekko 1 / 3  
In the the second sentence and 2nd paragraph "yet" is not needed? Be sure to focus more on you and re read the prompt
lee235717 - / 16  
I agree with Kevin. You did not answer the prompt at all. You need to actually research about the school. The essay should be close to 500 words.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Stepping onto the campus' - UPenn supplement essay