'stock trading' UBC- Significant Challenge and what you learned in the process?

kentherabbit 1 / -  
Striving to preserve my only capital of 1000 dollars, I made a risky investment into a challenge. However, this was a stock trading simulator in "Investopedia", since the commission fee had been raised up to $19.99 per trade, so I had to be extraordinarily careful for each transaction I made. Initially, I bought Twitter, and Tesla Motors, which both are at a price of 59.94 and 174.43. Nevertheless, my account value tumbled from $1000.00 to merely $882.00 due to the luxurious commission fee. In addition, the profit I made was barely sufficient to increment my account value, not even to break even. Yet I persevered, I started to choose one stock at a time and do homework on this company, whereas not to make any hasted decisions. Finally, after numerous days of toil, I have sold Twitter, and decided to retain Tesla Motors, and it went up to $183.21! Eventually, my account value went back to $993.24, but still had a long way to pursue a higher value. Therefore, throughout this challenge, I have learned that investing in stock markets depends upon adequate preparation, even if an individual possess excessive amount of money.
dextro590 2 / 6  
I think you should explain more clearly on how your investment was a challenge.

Home / Undergraduate / 'stock trading' UBC- Significant Challenge and what you learned in the process?