'Do not stop questioning' - umich short answer (250 words)

thatshot550 2 / 3  
god im such a procrastinator. one more day till the deadline for my application for u of m and i just finished this short answer question. anyway let me know what you think. does this essay explain why i choose biology as an area of academic interest cuz i felt like i was just rambling on to fulfill the word requirement. haha any help is much appreciated like always.

Short answer essay question: (250 words) What led you to choose the area of academic interest that you have listed in your application to the University of Michigan?

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." That quote, made by Albert Einstein, is one that I live by. Since a child, I have always had an inquisitive nature about everything imaginable. That curiosity, and my desire to satisfy it, has made me the knowledge-driven, ambitious person that I am today. It is also what has motivated me to pursue an academic pathway in the area of Biology.

Although Biology is something that always caught my eye, the way it was presented to me in some previous courses is what has made the most impact on me. For instance, in one course I took, I participated in the dissection of the brain, heart, and eye from a pig and a sheep. Although my first reaction when starting each dissection was one of absolute repulse, that view soon transformed to one of fascination. When I peered inside and explored the parts from both of these creatures, I was absolutely awestruck by the complexity. While I had read the concepts of how organs, bones, tissues, and nerves all work together, it was definitely much more powerful and interesting to see it with my own eyes.

These experiments have no doubt made a huge impression on me. It has sparked my curiosity so much so that I have decided to pursue biology as my field of study and someday work in a profession that I can put the fascinating, relevant information I learn to good use.
Decent essay. Try to be more concise in your writing, though:

"That quote, made by Albert Einstein, is one that I live by"
"I live by this quote from Einstein."

"Although Biology is something that always caught my eye, the way it was presented to me in some previous courses is what has made the most impact on me"

"Although I have always been fascinated by biology, it was one of my biology courses that impacted me the most."

Also:

"Although my first reaction when starting each dissection was one of absolute repulsion "
Take out commas that interrupt col rhythm, and you can make it direct and powerful, like a sword thrust:

That quote from Albert Einstein is one that I live by.

How about a few specific professions for which biology will lay a good foundation? What are your top three ideas for the kind of work you will do every day? Knowing that will make you appear more resolute and driven.

How about acupuncture??!! That's what I would do...

Home / Undergraduate / 'Do not stop questioning' - umich short answer (250 words)