'strength, tradition, and the arts' - this is my essay for fsu care program

jasminelatti 1 / -  
Essay: How can CARE assist you with your educational goals?

As far back as I can remember my mother had to struggle and overcome challenges such so that she may provide for my younger brother and I. My mother was raised in a middle class home with two parents. At the age of seventeen my mother got pregnant with me in high school, despite her parents efforts. She had to overcome the difficulties of being a single mom, working, and putting her dreams on hold. My grandparents expressed their disappointment in my mother and explained to her the level of responsibility that comes with having a child and being a single parent. They were both familiar with the rough road that laid ahead for my mother. However, my grandmother saw a different vision and decided to allow my mother to continue her pregnancy and became a strong support for her.

My mother had always been a fighter and hard worker, at times she had no money or anyone to babysit me so that she could go to school or go to work. My father was never around long enough to help her but she continued her journey by working hard, staying focused, and being self motivated. Now it's time to put my best foot forward by accepting all opportunities that are given to me. I feel that the Summer Bridge Program is one of the few programs that will help me reach my educational goals in life. Due to my mother's low income and financial challenges, it will be almost impossible for her to pay for my college expenses. Even though the option of financial aid is available, it will only be a temporary solution because my mother will not be able to afford the student loans payments in addition to the added expenses of sending a child to college.

The summer bridge program will assist me in making major decision and factoring out influences that could impact me future. I believe that attending this program will benefit me in expanding my potential both as a student and in society. Despite the intensity of taking "Advance Placement" classes since I was in the 11th grade, I have continuously maintain high grades by being on the A honor roll and became a member of the national honor society. This has proven my ability to work hard, study, and stay focus while under educational pressure. The summer bridge program will become a great asset in my life, because it allows me to gain the experience of college while becoming focused and preparing for my freshman year. According to FSU motto "Vires, Artes, Mores is a combination of strength, tradition, and the arts, which are characteristics that I posses. The summer bridge program will award me the opportunity to know what to expect, the level of seriousness, dedication, commitment and discipline that is required for college and to understand all that it has to offer.
For as far back as I can remember, my mother had to struggle to overcome challenges such so ...

My mother had always been a fighter and hard worker, and at times she had no money or anyone to babysit me so that she could go to school or go to work.

My father was never around long enough to help her, but she continued her journey by working hard, staying focused, and being self motivated.

Now it's my turn to put my best foot forward by accepting all opportunities that are given to me.

The summer bridge program will assist me in making major decisions and factoring out influences that could impact my future.

I believe that attending this program will benefit me in expanding my potential, both as a student and in society.

This has proven my ability to work hard, study, and stay focused while under educational pressure.

The summer bridge program will become a great asset in my life, because it would allow me to gain the experience of college while becoming focused and preparing for my freshman year.

Good luck with school!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'strength, tradition, and the arts' - this is my essay for fsu care program