Strong engineering program ; Carnegie Mellon Strong engineering program

sjmzzz95 7 / 13 3  
Why have you chosen Carnegie Mellon and your particular school/major/field?
Thanks everyone!

When I look towards my future, I see a strong passion for pursuing a major in engineering. Throughout high school, I've always been passionate about math and the physical sciences. The ability to combine two fascinating, yet complex (to me) subjects drew my attention to studying engineering. I want to provide society with any necessities or wants it sees fit as we progress through the 21st century. I want to be the innovator.

The Carnegie Institute of Technology caught my attention as I looked through schools. Carnegie Mellon's strong engineering program is reinforced with a plethora of undergraduate research opportunities, something that I have rarely found in undergraduate colleges. The experience gained through this type of opportunity would give light to a real-world experience. It is especially important to me, as I am still researching the many spheres of engineering in attempting to understand how I want to shape my career. The Meeting of the Minds research symposium is an event I would relish upon. The chance to recognize the findings of my fellow classmates, and maybe even the opportunity to present a project of my own would be an experience I could not find anywhere else. The fact that the university is motivated to foster every idea that blooms gives me the desire and excitement to be part of such a community. The dedication placed on mentoring students through all the insights that come together to become an effective engineer is so valuable to me. I know that at the Carnegie Institute of Technology, my abilities, comprehension, and proficiency in the language of engineering will only prosper.

In the far future, an ambition I've had for a long time is becoming a physician. I want the opportunity to work directly in providing care to others, and providing them with the necessary care to live out and maintain healthy lives. I hope that I will be able to use the resources provided by majoring in engineering to have a well-rounded outlook on the medical world. The multitude of realms that Carnegie engineers become masters in, including human and social aspects, will prepare me as a member of the medical world.

While I have no future plans to major or minor in the arts, CMU's distinguished reputation for education in the arts is remarkable. My musical background over the past nine years and my growing passion for the cello increase my interest in CMU. I know that at CMU, I will have promising years to come where I will be able to continue and grow my skills. I will definitely use the unique environment of CMU to take music classes and explore my artistic side.

I hope to become a member of such a vibrant community that is at Carnegie Mellon. I know that my skills and interests will only grow; especially when I am in an environment with those who are just as curious about the world we live in as I am.
bng16210 2 / 12  
The Meeting of the Minds research symposium

Hi I can see you have the passion for engineering in the beginning of your response. You gave examples of how you have chosen your major but then you state in the"far future you goal is to be a physician. As a reader your passion dwindled when you shared that. To me you're unsure of your major. You may want to edit this entry.

"The Meeting of the Minds Research Emposium " should be in quotes. If you truly want to be in Carnegie then state what brought you to their institution only and why you chose them. As for the Arts and having no interest in pursuing, may want to edit that as well. You want them to see the passion you stated in the beginning with their engineering program and state facts of why you chose them. Just my opinion and may help overall with acceptance. I hope that helps!
painglintun 5 / 15 2  
Don't talk that you don't plan on not taking a minor you might not need that say you want to pursue an activity in there. Maybe say, the environment is fit for you. Furthermore, you should say what kind of program and institution draw your attention not just the good facts at their schools. They're looking at people who knows what kind of plan they have in their school and how they are going to use those. If you could look over mines i would greatly appreciate it.

(the final version is down below the comments)

Home / Undergraduate / Strong engineering program ; Carnegie Mellon Strong engineering program