The Strong Finish: Common App Additional Information for Baylor.

gabiesimone 1 / -  
I have never spent more than four years at one school in my life. Since I was in kindergarten I have attended four elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. I have been to every type of school there is except for boarding school, including private christian schools, public as well as public charter. In addition to changing schools so many times especially in my more formative years, I have lived in four different states. My most recent move was from Maryland to Arkansas. My family and I moved from Maryland to Arkansas in thirty days. In those thirty days, we had to pack up our whole house, and say goodbye to our entire family who are native to the area. Personally, saying goodbye to my family was hard but having to leave the school where I had finally began to flourish academically may had been the hardest. As a result I had a slight educational set back my first two years of high school. Though I had lived in Arkansas a year before going to high school, my last year of middle school was spent at a school where academics were not necessarily important. From the first transition of moving to another state then to move to another middle school, I made a more natural transition to high school, a public high school. I attended the largest high school in my district with over 2,000 students. As a freshman, I was also apart of the largest class my school has ever had. I was unaware at the time but my classmates and I all 657 of us would be in competition for class rank and things of that nature. Lacking in this very important detail of my school as well as having what I refer to as a '"gap year", I struggled. There is no other word that could describe my previous situation but struggle. If I knew ninth grade year what I found out my eleventh grade year, I feel like I could have done better than what I did. Now, at the end of my high school career at the point where I can see the finish line I have seen my growth as a student. I have come to the realization that I had a rough start but in the end I will have a strong finish.
angeli6778 11 / 36 16  
Since I was in kindergarten, I have attended four ...

My most recent move was from Maryland [...] I moved from Maryland to Arkansas in 30 days

Also, I'm confused about what you mean by that. Do you mean the entire moving process took 30 days, or that you only lived in Maryland for 30 days before moving to Arkansas. A little clarification is needed there.
Hi Gabie, first of all WELCOME to the Essay Forum Team, we hope that you find this website to helpful as well as useful to your writing projects, we do aim at providing you our most remarkable and valuable feedback in order to enhance your essay and strengthen your score at the end of the day.

Now, before I do give you my review, I would like to share that, Baylor University is one of the best you can have in Texas, I am no way connected to the university but I have done quiet a research back then and it is highly rated amongst its competitors, well, at the end of the day it's your choice and whatever it is that you choose, don't let it dictate your future. Your future is made as a result of the decisions you make in life and as you've mentioned in your essay, you may have had a rough start, however, it a definitely a great and strong finish.

Going back to your essay, I must say, you have written this supplement essay with your heart in it, you are very honest in stating life's struggles and c'mon, who doesn't have a struggle in this life, everybody does, in the end what matters is that, we stand up, move on and start all over again with the lessons learned fro past experiences. I hope my insights helped and I wish you the best of luck in the endeavor!

Home / Undergraduate / The Strong Finish: Common App Additional Information for Baylor.