'Student Representative' - Common app activities

Costanzojm 1 / -  
The prompt is: Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

For the most part I think it is okay, but I need someone else to edit it :) Thanks!

When I received the call informing me that I had been selected to serve on the Washington State Board of Education as a Student Representative, I was elated. Hours of preparation and sleepless nights endured during the selection process had paid off. Only one exceptional student is selected from the state of Washington each year to serve a two year term. I was selected and tasked to represent Washington's students on the board with fourteen Governor appointed members including the Superintendant of Public Instruction. As a group, we discuss policy issues regarding education and the reform of K-12 education.

The meetings, of which I am an integral part, are often broadcasted live so that the public can witness the discussion of educational issues including the passage of the new set of graduation requirements. I often make presentations to the board members, speak out about the student's views, and provide details to the members about what really happens within our classrooms.
doodler - / 2  
Awsome start!
May i suggest that you add a stronger conclusion to explain how this experience has broadened your perspective and/or transform you.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Student Representative' - Common app activities