'students who share the same passions as mine' - Why NYU

ahstop 1 / 2  
Why NYU?

One of the most important things about college, for me, is the campus. What I love about NYU is that it isn't a university with a determined space for a campus; its campus is New York City. I appreciate that the university's buildings are around Washington Square Park, yet the residence halls, for example, are more spread out in the city, giving an NYU student the experience of an urban lifestyle. The campus would give me more freedom, and would push me to explore the city, yet it is still concentrated enough to create a sense of community.

I plan on studying abroad during my university years to develop my knowledge of the world, and to be able to engage with different cultures. I wish to push my classroom experience to a more global and international perspective, and I know that the faculty at NYU will help me to do so. I truly appreciate the many destinations available to NYU students who want to study abroad, and I definitely plan on taking advantage of the program. When it comes to putting my knowledge into place, I am very interested in internships possibilities, which I know are close to endless at NYU because of the university's location and open-mindedness. This is what will prepare me for my life after the university, and will help me grow as a professional in my field.

I became involved in clubs and student government functions in high school, and I hope to keep the same kinds of extracurricular during my university years. Through all my visits to NYU, I have come to learn of its hundreds of clubs open to the students, and of its major specific groups, all of which made NYU really appealing to me, as I know that I will be able to get together with students who share the same passions as mine. This will also enhance the sense of community at NYU, which is very important to me.
mukhia08 7 / 22  
its good, but try not to use the city environment too much, because it will be considered a very common and ordinary approach. but your writing style is clearly very good
DMA17 8 / 31  
This is great writing and I didn't find any errors, but I have to agree with the above poster. This type of essay is very common to NYU. There is nothing wrong with talking about the schools location, but because these types of essays are so common you have to find some way to make your essay stand out.

You said that you visited NYU, was there anything you saw that you really liked? Did you hear about a specific club or student organization that you really want to join? is there a country that NYU has ties with that you really want to study in? these are stuff you should be writing about. Find something about NYU that you really intrigued you.
ibeckki 4 / 10  
Instead of "things about" in your first sentence, you could say "aspects of." Also, maybe list a couple of specific clubs you want to join or destinations you want to travel to.
OP ahstop 1 / 2  
Thank you all so much! I never expected such responses... I'll try my best to change all those little things!
Merci <3

Home / Undergraduate / 'students who share the same passions as mine' - Why NYU