Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Studied SAT, M. Bloomberg, Stern School - NYU supplement essay

guswngks 1 / -  
In addition to any work experience that you listed on your application, please tell us how you spent your most recent summer vacation. (500 MAX)
I had spent my most recent summer preparing for the college. I studied SAT rigorously because I strongly believed and still believe that my GPA does not reprent me well. I was only able to hit 1900s before summer, but I hit 2160 in SAT this october. I also looked into several colleges including NYU to trim down my long list of colleges. I met college students and alumni such as Stephanie Lim, freshman at Syracuse university, and Mr. Di Venuto, my 10th grade math teacher who is alumni of NYU.

If you had the opportunity to spend one day in New York City with a famous New Yorker, who would it be and what would you do? (Your New Yorker can be anyone -past or present, fictional or nonfictional - who is commonly associated with New York City; they do not necessarily have to have been born and raised in New York.) (500 MAX)

I would like to spend my day with Michael Bloomberg, current mayor of the New York city. He is one of most influential person in New York city not only as a mayor of the city but also as the financial industry's giant who owns Bloomberg LP. As a business prospective student, I wish to ask him several questions such as his assessment on current economy in New York city and nationwide, and why he decided to run for the third term. I would ask him to take me to Bloomberg Tower and show me around.

Please tell us what led you to select your anticipated academic program and/or NYU school/college, and what interests you most about your intended discipline.(500 MAX)

I am interested in NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business because not only for its prestigious program and reputations but also for its location. I was awestruck by Stern's ranks in business schools that showed that Stern was not only one of best business schools in U.S. but also around the world. Also its location is ideal since it is only an hour train ride away from my home. By going to Stern, I can stay close with my family while receiving first rated education.

Home / Undergraduate / Studied SAT, M. Bloomberg, Stern School - NYU supplement essay