Studios/Lectures/Mentors/Visiting artists/Curators/ Critics;Northwestern/Art major?

sammy kim 1 / -  
Please be harsh on me! I feel like the whole essay just doesn't flow smoothly and there must be a lot of grammar mistakes. I also feel like i should talk about their activities but i dont know if it's too much

As I look for a college where I can fully explore my potential and fulfill my dreams, Northwestern is undoubtedly the best place for me. Northwestern, with its studios as well as the dynamic lectures by faculty mentors, visiting artists, curators, and critics can help me grow as an artist. Also, education at Northwestern is not all about studying in the classroom. In Northwestern, I can extend my academic life into the city and abroad. I love Chicago's youthful and artistic environment. With its abundant resources and opportunities, the possibilities are endless. I am also looking forward to taking courses in the city and connecting my classroom knowledge with real life experiences through internships and community service. Studying abroad would also help me enhance my international perspective and understanding of other artistic cultures.

I am also drawn to Northwestern's vibrant student group. I believe art reveals our perception of the world, and only with a deep understanding of diverse culture can I be sensitive enough to express my views. I not only want an excellent art education, but I also need to be a part of a diverse student body that represents all levels of the society. I want to be surrounded by people who look different, think differently, and speak differently, yet all wearing the purple shirt with the Northwestern logo. I will, in return, contribute to the diversity by sharing my own cultural background through traditional Chinese painting.

The Weinberg College is also renowned for its excellent advising system. Each student is assigned more than one advisors, and they get to know each student and are able to interpret the each student's strengths and weaknesses. This highly individualized system can help me grow as a person and further prepare me for my future.

Moreover, I not only wish to become someone who can create soul-touching artworks, but also one who is powerful enough to make a difference. I crave to learn just for the sake of learning. The quarter system at enable me to study in-depth about my major while explore more about my other intellectual interests. The Weinberg College perfectly fits every aspect I am searching for in a college by encouraging students to cross intellectual boundaries and providing opportunities for me to explore my interests and passions.

I can picture myself in four years as an artist, a scholar, and also a well-rounded person who loves her profession, pushes her boundaries, and always challenges herself with new things. Northwestern is the place that can take me where my dream lies and help me become who I want to be: a great artist and a woman who can make a positive impact on society.
remanemporor 2 / 3  
This is pretty darned good and I don't see any major grammatical errors. You sound like a worth addition to any university so I would suggest you keep your essay like this.
ticklelisaelmo 8 / 42 3  
So far so good! I liked how you incorporated your knowledge about the school into your essay. You know what you're talking about! But sometimes, when you explain a program, I think you can talk about how that can benefit you instead of telling the reader what it is. I'm assuming the reader will know about the program already.

Read my essay? Thanks :)

Home / Undergraduate / Studios/Lectures/Mentors/Visiting artists/Curators/ Critics;Northwestern/Art major?