Why do I want to study Biology at Cornell - Cornell supplemental essay

idk 2 / 3  
Please help me as my deadline is coming soon (Jan 1)

College of Arts and Sciences:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study. (fewer than 500 words)

I had been in love with science for as long as I can remember. When I was young, I kept asking questions such as "Where does the sun sleep at night?" or "How can fish live in water?" I was always my parents' curious little girl. I love to discover the way all the wonderful creatures of the nature work. I love science in general and biology particularly for their amazing ability to answer a lot of my questions.

In high school, I am especially interested in sciences. I have taken AP Chemistry, AP Biology and AP Physics and they are absolutely my favorite subjects. Even as a high school student, I still keep my curiosity. However, my questions have become more and more complex. Sometimes even my textbooks cannot answer the questions that come to my mind. Since tenth grade, I started go to the library twice a week to read science books. Learning sciences, whether from school, from the books I read in my spare time or from the observations I make in real life always fascinates me. I am always excited to learn new things, whether it is how to play a new instrument or the way that DNA replicates.

Although I did not have a chance to visit Cornell, I had taken the Cornell's virtual tour several times. I feel that Cornell is the right place for me. It is a place where I can satisfy my passion for discovery and delve deeper into sciences. Cornell is also famous for its researching program and I know that there are a lot of researching opportunities for undergraduates at Cornell. As a science lover and future scientist, I am eager to take the research opportunities that Cornell will provide me.

Cornell's commitment to diversity has assured me that at Cornell, I will be valuable as an individual since Cornell is a place "doesn't just tolerate differences but treasures them; and providing rich opportunities for learning from those differences." I know that at Cornell, I will have a chance to meet and learn from people who have very different backgrounds from me. The diversity of the community at Cornell really attracts to me to the university.

I want to study at Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences as my goal is to become a biologist. I believe Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences and I are a perfect match. I am looking forward to my next four years at Cornell University, a place where I will be surrounded by people who may have very different backgrounds from me, but we will all share a thing in common: a thirst for learning and exploring. I know that Cornell University will not only give me a world-class education, but also a warm community to call home. (465 words)
weima 1 / 2  
I think it would be more appropriate if:

I have been in love with science... (since you should still be in love with it)

I don't think it is very effective to RESTATE what you have taken in the 2nd paragraph, since they should appear on your transcript.

Instead, maybe you can describe HOW you answer the questions you can't find in textbooks.

I want to study at cornell... BECAUSE my goal is to become a biologist. (also this is a little weak, as you can become a biologist in any college). you should put in more specific evidence in WHY this college will make you THE biologist you WANT to become.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / Why do I want to study Biology at Cornell - Cornell supplemental essay