Why I want to study In ** College? (Scholarship) - there are four reasons

radszx 1 / 1  
I have a scholarship presentation in around 2 days. Please give comments/ critiques or change whichever part of the script that seems lacking. Thank you.

college choice motivation

Allow me to begin this presentation, Firstly, why I chose to be in ** College. It would be a lie to say that I was not attracted to ** good reputation- being the best private university in Malaysia and being the top 1% university in Asia. But mainly there are four reasons that I find truly attractive of **. First, its intake. Second, the program the college offer, South Australia Certificate of Education, third, the education system itself and finally, its accommodation.

You see, as soon as I completed my SPM, the first thing that popped in my mind is one, I could not wait to study more and focus on medicine, the course I want to take. And second, I cannot imagine myself waiting for my SPM results for four months, then need to wait another to be accepted in a university and further my studies in pre-u. The fact that ** offer January intake already lift a whole lot of burden off my shoulder. One thing for sure, is the significant reduction of time to complete my basic studies and provides a faster, more efficient way to gear up for tertiary education.

Honestly, I knew nothing about Australian Matriculation or SACE, yes I had heard of it, but it was not even at the back of my mind until I recently attended an education fair held in ***, where one of the panels recommended taking SACE in ** as long as I was not the kind of student who studies last minute and always burn the midnight oil. But I have to admit, I am one of those students. In fact when I heard of the exam system which is based on 30% finals and 70% coursework, I was worried if I can tackle the continuous presentations and projects assigned to me. But on the other hand, I believe that once I take SACE, I have no other choice but to be consistent in my studies to achieve excellent grades. It might be a huge change for me, I believe it to be a good one as consistency is the key to success. And it is time for me to bade goodbyes to all those last-minute cramp studies.

As we all know, education system is the integral part in schools and of course universities. In **, the system is unparalleled as compared to any other universities be it government or private. The best example would have to be the 24-week prehouseman ship training in the final semester. Not only can I have first-hand experience as to these clinical practices, it provides an earlier exposure to what to expect for my two-year houseman ship after graduation. Not only is it limited to that, ** offers an extensive clinical exposure for the ultimate medical education for students. Here, students even as early as Year 1 will be able to apply basic medical sciences to clinical practice. I find it extremely _________ to be exposed to people of different demographics, cultures and environments, physical examination techniques using both stimulated patients and models. As ** focus on a holistic education, it is ______ as it provides me with better understanding of the community's health and medical needs- the very important thing required as a doctor-to-be. Of course, these hands-on practice would not be complete without regular field trips and public health activities organised by ** itself. These trips would be a life-enriching experience for me. As quoted by Joel Neoh, a class of SACE 2011, ** help me understand and embrace curiosity at an early age. I was encouraged to question, explore and discover, it built my confidence in living projects. I always wanted to learn more, do more, see more and ultimately achieve more. Just as how he achieved success in entrepreneurship, I too believe that in **, I'll be tailored to _______

Finally, I still have to say that ** is well known for its best accommodation, so then again of course the fact that ** is located at the *, and the fact that ** offer on-campus once again affirmed my choice of enrolling in **. It is truly incredible when a student need not to even step out of the campus to shop for food and necessity as everything is just within the reach. I find it very convenient and I wouldn't lie, having two over-protective parents, ** is the best environment for me.
Rachel, when you discuss the 4 reasons that you wish to study at XXX College, you should base this on the reasons why you believe that you are a student who will thrive and grow in the college on both an academic and social level. You don't need to count it off, you don't need to make it sound like a research paper. You need to talk from the heart the reasons you have. Think about how your learning needs will be served by the university, without any sense of doubt or indication that you are feeling threatened by the academic rigors of the curriculum. Rather than constantly describing the university, describe your academic intentions and how the university fits into the picture. Presenting a merged idea, describing how your academic interests and future goals will be best represented by the university curriculum will show that you are confident when it comes your ability to complete the course and, quite possibly, that the university can help you achieve your career goals sooner rather than later due to its expedited curriculum. Remember, you are not just selling the university to the scholarship committee. You are selling them on the idea that you will be capable of achieving something notable, based on your career goals, aspirations, and objectives based upon the support that the university can give you. So for each personal reason, present one academic program or supporting internship or skills development program that the university can provide. That way, the reasons for your desire to attend this university become less technical and more personal, which gives it more weight.
OP radszx 1 / 1  
Uh oh, it seems like i need to redo the essay. Does it sound too much like a research paper? But i honestly wrote the essay based on what i feel. :/ Can you give some examples on how 'my learning needs will be served by uni? i thought that i just answered that on my script? My academic intentions/ interest? umm.... can you put it in a simpler language pls? :/ And since my presentation is a day away, is there any way i can improve on it in a short period of time?

Home / Undergraduate / Why I want to study In ** College? (Scholarship) - there are four reasons