"is to study physics and the universe" - The purpose of my life (common app essay)

MJGOHARRIZ1991 1 / -  
Please help me to improve my essay
The purpose of my life
During 8th grade I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a summer course in Astronomy which became an unforgettable experience that shaped my life. Ever since my childhood I had the wish to learn more about the sky and this wish turned into a strong motivation, a motivation that I came to share with some other participants in the course.

Together we learned about the solar system, the history of Astronomy, the stars and many other things. During the course the teacher also introduced us to some very interesting books, of which I thought "Dynamic Astronomy" was the best. It proved so capturing that together with two other students I finished the book during the course. As with many fascinating things it left a lot of unanswered questions, which only heightened my interest in astronomy and has continually pushed me to extend my knowledge of it.

While the whole of the course was an unforgettable experience, the part of greatest importance to me was the one time that I decided to go on a one-night trip to observe the night sky in the desert of Shahdad. There in the heart of the desert the light pollution from the cities is minimal and stars and the stars in the clear night sky appear at their brightest. And it was in observing them that I realized the vastness and magnificence of the universe. And now when I remember that magical night I realize that this trip was the most important event of my life, because it made me see the purpose of my life. It is to study physics, to learn about the universe and increase our knowledge of it. and I hope that one day I can inspire others to do the same.
During 8th grade, I had the wonderful opportunity...

During the course, the teacher also introduced us ...

It proved so captivating that together with two other students I finished the book during the course.

As with many fascinating things, it left a lot of unanswered questions, ...

While the whole of the course was an unforgettable experience, the part of greatest importance to me was the one time that I decided to go on a one-night trip to observe the night sky in the desert of Shahdad.

There in the heart of the desert the light pollution from the cities is minimal and stars and the stars in the clear night sky appear at their brightest.

and I hope that one day I can inspire others to do the same.

Home / Undergraduate / "is to study physics and the universe" - The purpose of my life (common app essay)