Study Plan for learning language for KGSP Undergraduate Program - before and after entry

Zelk0vA 1 / 1  

application for kgsp - study plan

Hello,i'm currently applying for KGSP undergraduate program,and since this is my first study plan i need some help and reviews. please help me, i really appreciate it.

Before Entry:
Learning a new language is essential especially if we want to study in a non-English speaking country. Growing up in Indonesia, a country with a lot of cultural difference made me mastered three languages as I grew up. Bahasa Indonesia as my mother tongue, Javanese that I used when talking with my friends and English that I learned by watching cartoons and TV shows in English since I was little. I developed interests in Korean since I heard a lot of my friends talking in Korean and now that I'm applying to study in Korea.

Before taking the bachelor degree in Korea I will be enrolling in the Korean language training, so I need to know some basic Korean before I took off from Indonesia. I joined a Korean language course in my city that is about two hours long a day. I also join a free online Korean language course that is about half an hour a day. I also bought a Korean-English dictionary to improve my Korean and English vocabulary. I will spend 5 hours a day to learn how to write, read and pronounce Korean. Every week I also watch a Korean TV show and I noted some words to increase my vocabulary in Korean, currently, I have about 97 words that I took note of. I also watch some Korean YouTubers video with English subtitles and took note of it to developed more vocabulary in Korean and English. I also used a free language learning app on my smartphone called Duolingo to learn basics of Korean.

After Entry:
After my Entry in Korea, I will join the Korean language training and I will work hard to finish with a TOPIK score of 5. And I will make friends with a lot of Korean so that I can practice my speaking in Korean through daily chatting will also join a community that is open to the foreigner to learn how to work together with locals and do community service. To boost my reading and understanding in Korean I will change all of my gadget's language to Korean so that I will always use Korean daily.

Even though I scored 7.0 on the IELTS Academic Module I still have a lot to learn. I will also improve my English listening and speaking ability through communicating with other KGSP awardee and some International students that currently studying in Korea and to foreigners that I will meet.

Thank you for your attention
Nonamura 1 / 2  
I realize you repeat a lot "Korea." Try to avoid repeating the same word over and over again. Read you essay out loud to see the rhythm of your writing and how repetitive it sound in some paragraphs.

Hope it helps!
OP Zelk0vA 1 / 1  
thank youu

Home / Undergraduate / Study Plan for learning language for KGSP Undergraduate Program - before and after entry