'Study in most undisciplined and original manner possible' FSU Essay

agoldtho 3 / 6  
I just need someone to proofread it for grammatical or spelling errors. Does is answer the prompt okay? Is there a better way for me to word anything?

I'll help you if you help me! :D

The prompt is: Florida State University is more than just a world-class academic institution preparing you for a future career. We are a caring community of well-rounded individuals who embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness. With this in mind, which of these characteristics appeal most to you and why?

I once read a quote that said "study hard what interests you the most, in the most undisciplined, irreverent, and original manner possible." This has since become my life goal, to find the thing that I love and to immerse myself in it completely, to learn everything there is to learn. That is why learning is certainly the most appealing characteristic to me. I am confident that The Florida State University will help me achieve my aspiration to study and learn everything in "the most undisciplined and original manner possible."

I love school. I am that lame girl who spends all summer reading books waiting for school to start again. Once it does, I make sure to place myself right in the front of the class so as to absorb as much education as possible. However, no matter how much I love the classroom, it is not my favorite place to learn. There is so much more to life than reading a textbook and taking a test and reading another chapter of the textbook and taking another test. The greatest knowledge is gained by living and questioning and exploring. This is the kind of learning I am passionate about. It is this idea that makes me so excited to go to college and experience new things with new people.

I almost decided to write this essay about my passion for service, because that certainly is a large part of my life. However, I realized that the reason I love service so much, is not only because I get to help others, but because I can learn so much from the people I am helping. I volunteer every week with my school's Key Club at the local nursing home. There is a woman at this nursing home named Joan, and I have learnt more from Joan than any other person I have ever met. Some of the best advice I've gotten about school, love, and life has come from an eighty-one year old woman. Joan graduated from college sixty three years ago, but she has never stopped learning. That is why I find learning so fascinating; it is constant and inevitable and (I'm not sure what word to put here).

I learn like I breathe, constantly. My passion for learning began when I was born and will continue until the day I die. My goal is to learn and absorb as much knowledge in my lifetime as possible, whether in a classroom, or a nursing home, or the middle of a desert. I will always be learning. I believe The Florida State University is my next step in achieving this goal.
ashrobbinson 1 / 1  
This is good! i like how you added extra aspects and other areas of the prompt (the part about service and how it ties into your love for learning). for that section where you couldn't find a word you could possibly use "it is constant,inevitable, and (vital, useful, something that shows how important it is to you and to culture in general)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Study in most undisciplined and original manner possible' FSU Essay