Studying with foreign students; My exchange student planner

Icebird 3 / 1  
Having military service two years ago, I thought that I would better go abroad as an exchange student. At first, I dreamed a fantasy of foreign countries only. However, later I recognized that the exchange student program was a tremendous positive opportunity to me.

First, the program can give me a chance to study about my major courses with foreigners. In addition, I believed that competition and cooperation with foreign student is a special and rare experience. Also, I knew that the exchange program is a just one offer in my entire life: because I could not be a university student twice.

Therefore, I did not want to miss the opportunity of the exchange program. Finally, I was sure that studying as the exchange student will be very helpful to me. Through speaking English only, I assure that I can learn my major in a different angle from using Korean.

Many people tend to expect improvement to English skills through the exchange student program. However, I do not anticipate to increase skills of the language during just one semester.

On the other hand, my goal of the exchange student is to undergo another country's culture, their thinking patterns and to communicate with the students.

I desire to make foreigner students and to become close to them. I strongly have believed that these hopes can have affirmative influence on my valuable life.

I do not want to be frustrated with the fact that I am not good at English. Furthermore, due to my poor English skills, I do not wish to disturb foreign students. Consequently, I have gone to English academy to learn speaking in February this year.

In addition to this, I am going to study TOEFL listening and watch American movies and dramas for improving my English abilities. Through this preparation, I am going to prepare the exchange student program: this is my best effort and trial that I can do.

I want to obtain two eventual fruits. The first is that I can obtain something different and challenging experience. This can make me an active, sociable and wise person. Also, the other is that I can learn my major courses in English. Studying with foreign students can give me precious and valueless assets.
Lily_J 1 / 2  
Icebird, here are some suggestions:

You could rephrase to: Having served in the military opened my eyes to the opportunity of going abroad as an exchange student. At first, this was only a fantasy but I now realize what a positive experience the exchange program would be for me.

Also, I knew that the exchange program is a just one offer in my entire life...you have the right idea here, the wording is just a little off. You could say...Also, I know that the exchange program is a once in a lifetime offer.

Sometimes you get a little redundant, be careful with that.

Furthermore, due to my poor English skills, I do not wish to disturb foreign students. ...I think you should skip saying this. It's really negative. You aren't going to be a disturbance! Make your essay positive. You want to learn English and being around native English speakers will only help you and I am sure that they will be willing to correct you or tell you how things are.

I hope that helps! Keep working on it and good luck!
At first, I dreamed a fantasy of foreign countries only. However, later I recognized that the exchange student program was a tremendous positive opportunity to me.

At first, I was fascinated by the new experiences in foreign countries. However, later I realized it offers much more positive opportunities to an exchange student;

Since you are going to discuss about those positives in forth coming paras,have the semicolon.

First, the program can give me a chance to study about my major courses with foreigners.

... you better say what the benefit of studying them with foreigners. That's the most important point here. Also, since you use the word "first" in the previous sentence, it sounds too repetitive when you use it again. This is my suggestion;

I'm looking forward to study my major courses with foreigners and this would benefit me .... ... tell how it's going to benefit you

In addition, I believed that competition and cooperation with foreign student is a special and rare experience. Also, I knew that the exchange program is a just one offer in my entire life: because I could not be a university student twice.

Further, being in competition and cooperation among foreign students is a rare experience that you would not get for a second time in life.

Home / Undergraduate / Studying with foreign students; My exchange student planner