Purpose of studying Korean and future plans?

orlandame 1 / -  
Okay, I haven't written an essay in a very long time and I'm not actually that bad at writing them, but I just don't know where to start on this one. I don't want to ruin my chance with not getting into this college. I'm stuck on introducing myself in the first paragraph and I already know that that's a horrible way to begin an essay.

I just need a few examples or maybe just a few pointers on how to begin. Please and thank you!
Yes, it's because you don't have an idea for the essay yet. When essays are assigned in school, and teachers teach the "right" way to do composition, it makes students forget that an essay is an art form. You are thinking about what is a "good" or "bad" way, when what you actually have to think of is a theme, something meaningful.

What is your theme? The theme for your life? If a Creator is animating you so that your life takes on symbolic significance, what does your life symbolize?

Just think about those questions; don't actually write about that abstract stuff...haahah.

But while you are thinking about the symbolic meaning of your work as a language person, specifically Korean, you will think of the significance your life can have. What is that significance? The big process going on in the world right now is globalization, so I would sy you might have a very maningful vision of the future if you are going to work with language.

Think of the single, big idea you want to convey. THEN start writing. Keep in mind that you can write and write and write, and then use copy-paste to rearrange the paragraphs later.

Look at other essays in these forums, so you'll get inspired.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Purpose of studying Korean and future plans?