My Stuggle with Stuttering (Optional UPENN Essay)

master100 1 / -  
Prompt Optional short essay (approximately 150 words): introduce yourself to Penn. Our aim is to better understand how your identity, talents, and background guide your day-to-day experiences.

_________________________________________________________________
During childhood, my classmates snickered at me for stuttering, but I never gave up improving this case of stammering. My passion to help and inspire my peers encouraged me through personal conversation and major speeches to overcome my fears. Ever since, friends congratulated me on turning the major defect into a minor impediment.

An area conference presentation to more than 600 individuals proved one of the largest hurdles in my campaign against stuttering. However, with my friend's support, I took to the stage with confidence. Reminding all the tricks taught by my speech teacher and above all the happiness of expressing my ideas, I spoke an eloquent applauded by the audience.

Just as famous stutter Winston Churchill was once told the only solution lies within practice and perseverance, I too will fight with this spirit to solve the problem, for I will not allow a disability to become a hindrance.

________________________________________________________________

Thank you for all your help in advance. This is a amazing community.

ZhiZhong (John) Dong
maryp630 7 / 20  
DuringThroughout my childhood, it was normal for me to hear my classmates snickeredsnickering at me forbecause of my stuttering, but I never gave up on improving this case of stammering . My passion to help and inspire my peers encouraged me through personal conversation and major speeches to overcome my fears. These fears include... Ever since, friends congratulated me on turning the major defect into a minor impediment.
An area conference presentation to more than 600six hundred individuals proved to be one of the largest hurdles in my campaign against stuttering. However, with my friend's support, I took to the stage with confidence. RemindingRemembering all the tricks taught by my speech teacher and above all the happiness of expressing my ideas, I spoke an eloquent applauded by the audience.
Just as famous stutter Winston Churchill was once told; the only solution lies within practice and perseverance,. I too will fight with this spirit to solve the problem, for I will not allow a disability to become a hindrance.

I really like your essay I just think you have to read over it so that you can check if it concise because some of the sentences did not make sense to me at first so keep that in mind. I also did not know what the main idea was, maybe if you focus on one time where you conquered your fear and described it to us that would be great

Home / Undergraduate / My Stuggle with Stuttering (Optional UPENN Essay)