Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"I was a subject to a lot of controversy" - VCU Personal statement college

Mribro202 1 / -  
Brief Personal Statement (required of all applicants) - In 250-300 words, tell us more about you and why you are considering VCU.Required

Im really confused guys.. is it good enough ?

As a senior in high school, i was subject to alot of controversy in my country. The 4th of mars seemed like a typical day of school until we started hearing sporadic guns shot and screams, it was a choas, the rebels from the north had attacked the capital (Abidjan).We had expected it to happen after the political crisis which happen during the election, After the shooting stop, we were transported by the french soldiers to their camp where we meet a group of people who were waiting to be evacuated from the country. It was horrible, i felt like my country was burning, i could see and smell death on our way to the camp. Only at my arrival to the camp i was able to contact my parents and my siblings. I wasn't able to leave the country because i had to finish my senior year which was crucial to obtain my diploma. After a couple of week the crisis eventually stopped and we were back to school working harder then ever. This experience truly changed me and motivate me to achieve the best in my education. I'm interested in VCU because it's really close to my home and also because i have a sibling there that really motivates me to join the school. VCU also have a great business school.

Home / Undergraduate / "I was a subject to a lot of controversy" - VCU Personal statement college