"to be submerged in a new academic setting" - University of Texas SOP (thoughts)

llm979 1 / -  
People always say that college is a time to learn and to learn about your self. Last spring when choosing which university to attend I decided that I wanted to try a small, private school. I came from a large, public high school in Texas and I was excited for a change in pace. I chose Southern Methodist University because I was planning on majoring in Business, and Cox is one of the top programs in the country. After a semester, however, it was clear to me that my heart was not in the business world, but rather in liberal arts. I fell in love with psychology in high school and the courses I have taken in college have shown me that not only my passion, but my future lies in liberal arts.

After my undergraduate studies, I want to go to law school. My shift from business to psychology has made me reevaluate my route to graduate school. I have decided at this point a liberal arts education from The University of Texas at Austin is what is best. The University of Texas at Austin would offer a diverse setting, extensive course offerings and the perfect foundation for a future in law school. The psychology program is one of the top twenty in the nation, ensuring that I receive the best education available. I intend to utilize every resource and opportunity presented to make sure that I maximize my potential and take full advantage of all that the University of Texas has to offer. I am so excited about my prospective future and all the changes I am about to make.

I want to be challenged and pushed to my limits so that I grow into everything I am capable of. I want to be submerged in a new academic setting and I want to be a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin. I believe that life falls into place with time, and I believe the timing is right to make a big change. I have full confidence in my ability and full confidence that continuing my education at The University of Texas at Austin will ensure a bright, productive future.
People always say that college is a time to learn and to learn about yourself .

I came from a large, public high school in Texas and I was excited for a change of pace.

I fell in love with psychology in high school and the courses I've taken in college have shown me that not only my passion, but my future lies in liberal arts.

I have decided at this pointthat a liberal arts education from The University of Texas at Austin is what is the best course of action for me .

I intend to utilize every resource and opportunity presented, to make sure that I maximize my potential and take full advantage of all that the University of Texas has to offer.

This is nicely written, good luck in school and have fun!
: )

Home / Undergraduate / "to be submerged in a new academic setting" - University of Texas SOP (thoughts)