"to be successful through my knowledge" - FSU 2011-2012 admission

eriejus 2 / 2  
I have started my essay... and I wanted to know what you guys think of it so far.

The prompt is...

Florida State University is more than just a world-class academic institution preparing you for a future career. We are a caring community of well-rounded individuals who embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness. With this in mind, which of these characteristics appeal most to you and why?

As a child education never occurred to me as something truly significant. As I was growing up I didn't appreciate it. Not too long ago, I discovered the most important thing in my life is education and without it there is no other way to be truly successful. With education comes learning, and with learning comes knowledge and knowledge is the building block to the rest of my life. That is why the characteristic of learning pertains to me the most.

My whole life revolves around learning, in the classroom, and out of the classroom. Whether its learning a new recipe or a new algebraic function, I am constantly surrounded by learning new things. I enjoy learning new things, I strive to learn new things in everyday. I apply everything I learn in my everyday life. Learning is all about opportunity, and I would like to share all the wonderful learning I have received in my life to my community.

The main goal in my life, is not only to be successful, but to be successful through my knowledge. It is very important for me to apply not only what I have learned in college, but also what I've learned throughout my entire life to my career.The reason I am applying to the Florida State University, is to cultivate my mind, heart, soul, and body into a career. I believe life is all about learning from experiences, and nourishing my mind with fertilizer of education.
lywillis 1 / 4  
This is a very good start. You may want to think of a good grabber and an intro paragraph, something that you can use to launch into the importance of education. Otherwise I think your main idea shows off determination and awareness, so good job!

Home / Undergraduate / "to be successful through my knowledge" - FSU 2011-2012 admission