"Sugar Land bubble"- BU Supplement essay, why BU?

anushahasan 2 / 5  
Please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically led you to apply for admissions? 250 words

Growing up inside the "Sugar Land bubble," I realized I miss the outside world. I miss metro stations, culturally diverse people, snow during the winter, and the urban city life. Although I have never visited, from my research I have gathered that Boston is that one city that can satisfy all my silly needs. Along with a vibrant and dynamic campus life, Boston University has one of the most diverse student bodies, especially the largest population of Bangladeshi students. Knowing that not only excites me because they are my own kind, but because even when I move out and away from my family, I will still be connected to my culture. Moreover, through the twenty-second best law school in the nation, Boston University Law School can help me become a successful lawyer. With an interest in international laws, Boston University can also provide me with an international law experience. Through its study abroad programs in Florence, London and Tel Aviv, I can fulfill my dreams of studying abroad. It is for these reasons that I feel Boston University will give me the ultimate college experience where I can learn and grow, even away from home.
perfectshove 1 / 3  
Moreover, through the twenty-second best law school in the nation

Should this be included? 22nd? Do you really want to tell them that they are ranked behind 21 universities?

With an interest in international laws, Boston University can also provide me with an international law experience

I find this sentence boring and could definitely need some editing or rephrasing it in a better way.
agronr 3 / 12  
I don't know about grammar, but the short essay seems solid. You could just remove the 22nd thing that PERFECTSHOVE mentioned. Also, i think you could mention that it has some of the greatest research centers and how that would help you.

Home / Undergraduate / "Sugar Land bubble"- BU Supplement essay, why BU?