"Summer Campus Days" ; Syracuse sup; Who or what influenced you?

runnerb 2 / 5  
Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University? I think this might be too long, there is no limit on word length but... please help!!

When the time came to start looking at colleges, I decided to make a list of the most important things I must have in a college; a strong fashion design program, successful cross country and track and field teams, and a beautiful campus were necessary parts in the ideal college for me. I found a list of schools with strong fashion design programs and Syracuse University stood out the most. I wanted to learn more. After returning from my visit at Syracuse University during one of the organized "Summer Campus Days" this past August, I realized that the campus is one of my favorite things about Syracuse. I love the accessibility of the facilities, dorm rooms and dining halls. I also like the architecture of each building, unique to itself, and vast amount of open green space. When I saw the campus, I felt at home.

During my stay at Syracuse University, I was fortunate enough to take a tour of the Warehouse and meet a few of the design professors. I am intrigued by the amount of personal experience they have in the industry and am excited to be able to work one-on-one with them. As I walked around the building, I noticed the large amount of workspace and the advanced technologies in use such as the sewing equipment like industrial sewing and overlock machines, CAD and special patternmaking software. I think that the opportunity to be exposed to these technologies before graduation is something that makes Syracuse University stand out to me.

Throughout my journey in the college search, I have come to realize that I want to continue competing in my sport in college. I was also very fortunate to meet with the cross country assistant coach during my trip at Syracuse University. I am intrigued by his coaching philosophy and the training program. I learned about the successful history of the women's cross country and track and field teams and would be very excited to run for Syracuse. I feel that I would be a great addition to the team. After my meeting with the coach, I am even more confident that Syracuse University is the right fit for me.

Throughout my tour and visit at Syracuse, the sense of community had a lasting impression on me. Syracuse is noted for their large amount of school spirit and continuing traditions like "The Fight Song", "Crouse Chimes" and "National Orange Day". From attending sporting events to clubs and student-run activities, it is evident that many students are highly involved in creating a better community for Syracuse University. I am excited to hopefully become a part of the Syracuse community and be involved myself. Through the spirit of Syracuse University, I believe that it is the right fit for me.
nayelojello 5 / 37 2  
okay, I think that that syracuse unversity will not appreciate that you were mostly intrigued by the doorm rooms and dinning halls, I feel like you have add something academcially that intrigues you to apply to Syracuse. hope this helped.
OP runnerb 2 / 5  
i did add a whole paragraph about the academics, fashion.. can you help clarify your statement?
nayelojello 5 / 37 2  
you have to expand how did you feel at home . I think that you should deff. take out the dorming rooms and the dinning halls.

Home / Undergraduate / "Summer Campus Days" ; Syracuse sup; Who or what influenced you?